By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think we will get a Zelda Direct on Febuary 21?

Boberkun said:
Nah, Nintendo hates Wii U owners.

And yet they released and still releasing great games..

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Boberkun said:
Nah, Nintendo hates Wii U owners.

Like Tennis Ultra Trash, Amiigo Crossing: Cashgrab Festival and 12 years old GC  60$ ports.

Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like Tennis Ultra Trash, Amiigo Crossing: Cashgrab Festival and 12 years old GC  60$ ports.

No, like Nintendo Land, NSMBU, W101, Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 4, Toads Treasure Tracker, Yoshi Wolly World, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X...even Zelda WW HD and TP HD are GC HD remasters they are also great games.

• Possible confirmation that there will be a demo of Zelda Wii U at E3 2016
I can confirm you that, everybody can. There is absolutely no need to confirm that, because the only reason for Zelda not having a playable demo at this E3, would be because of another delay of one year. 
But yes, we'll have a Zelda direct with some new Zelda WiiU footage. 

Miyamotoo said:
Boberkun said:

No, like Nintendo Land, NSMBU, W101, Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 4, Toads Treasure Tracker, Yoshi Wolly World, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X...even Zelda WW HD and TP HD are GC HD remasters they are also great games.

I talk about actual new games that in development for Wii U after SMM launch in September. Ans here is... nothing.

Fatal Frame V - localization of old game.

Xeno X - localization of old game.

Ultra Trash, Amiigo crossing, tap amiigo mini Mario, Sonic Olympic Rio - just trash.

TP HD - third party port of old game.

Pokken - third party port of old arcade game.

StarFox 0, Zelda U, Genei Ibun Roku - old games without release dates. Doesn't mention that SF0 still looks like ass.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

I talk about actual new games that in development for Wii U after SMM launch in September. Ans here is... nothing.

Fatal Frame V - localization of old game.

Xeno X - localization of old game.

Ultra Trash, Amiigo crossing, tap amiigo mini Mario, Sonic Olympic Rio - just trash.

TP HD - third party port of old game.

Pokken - third party port of old arcade game.

StarFox 0, Zelda U, Genei Ibun Roku - old games without release dates. Doesn't mention that SF0 still looks like ass.

We maybe will not have any new Wii U game that isnt unancued (but there is possibility to have one or two more new games), but fact is that Nintendo released great games Wii U and more are on the way.

Boberkun said:

I agree with you. It's pretty clear that in early 2015 Nintendo stopped all new development of games on WiiU. Unannounced games got moved to NX, and that's why there was no new games at the last E3. 

I understand those decisions, but the decision to half assed Devil's third/Ultra Smash/amiibo festival, that I can't agree with. Nintendo should never release such crappy games.

As for 2016, If Starfox, Zelda WiiU and the FEXSMT thingy weren't so late, 2016 would be completely empty.

maxleresistant said:

Boberkun said:

I agree with you. It's pretty clear that in early 2015 Nintendo stopped all new development of games on WiiU. Unannounced games got moved to NX, and that's why there was no new games at the last E3. 

I understand those decisions, but the decision to half assed Devil's third/Ultra Smash/amiibo festival, that I can't agree with. Nintendo should never release such crappy games.

As for 2016, If Starfox, Zelda WiiU and the FEXSMT thingy weren't so late, 2016 would be completely empty.

Devil's Third is good, but Nintendo failed to promote it properly. They decided to pretend this game doesn't exist. Just like FFV in USA.

Boberkun said:

Devil's Third is good, but Nintendo failed to promote it properly. They decided to pretend this game doesn't exist. Just like FFV in USA.

Let's agree to disagree on this one. This game is shame and Nintendo should have helped the game being better, with 6 months more development, it could have been good.

It's a turd

I doubt they would steal TP's thunder by showing Zelda U in a hypothetical Direct right before the former's release. That wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. I don't think a Zelda specific Direct is going to happen at all in fact.