By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think we will get a Zelda Direct on Febuary 21?

No.

Around the Network
Kennel83 said:
I hope so. I need more Zelda U news in my life! Also, that would make sense considering it´s a special occasion, but who knows, it´s Nintendo we are talking about. They could surprise us with the best direct ever, or they could just say something on twitter and call it a day.

Actually there is no sense to talk about Zelda U right before Zelda TP HD launch.

Miyamotoo said:
Kennel83 said:
I hope so. I need more Zelda U news in my life! Also, that would make sense considering it´s a special occasion, but who knows, it´s Nintendo we are talking about. They could surprise us with the best direct ever, or they could just say something on twitter and call it a day.

Actually there is no sense to talk about Zelda U right before Zelda TP HD launch.

Yeah, I know that, but it also doesn´t make sense how scarce all the information about Zelda U has been. I know we are still far from the release date but, it would be a great way to release new footage (even if it´s short as the last one) on the day the Zelda series turns 30 years old.

Miyamotoo said:

That's why they promote Zelda U when reveal TP HD.

Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

No, like Nintendo Land, NSMBU, W101, Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 4, Toads Treasure Tracker, Yoshi Wolly World, Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X...even Zelda WW HD and TP HD are GC HD remasters they are also great games.

I talk about actual new games that in development for Wii U after SMM launch in September. Ans here is... nothing.

Fatal Frame V - localization of old game.

Xeno X - localization of old game.

Ultra Trash, Amiigo crossing, tap amiigo mini Mario, Sonic Olympic Rio - just trash.

TP HD - third party port of old game.

Pokken - third party port of old arcade game.

StarFox 0, Zelda U, Genei Ibun Roku - old games without release dates. Doesn't mention that SF0 still looks like ass.

That's...That's not how things work.

Just because games released in Japan first and then release in NA/EU months after doesn't make them old.

And how are Starfox Zero and Zelda Wii U old games? We still haven't even played them yet lol.

I guess Final Fantasy XV is a REALLY old game as well, and most of Sony and MS games are old games.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Nah, Nintendo hates Wii U owners.

Not that they hate us. Nintendo is just stupid. They are not showing Zelda HD to not take off the attention of TPHD, as if that old remaster was something new...

Watch them next to focus on Hyrule Warriors Legends, a game nobody is asking info, rather than Zelda HD.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Meelow said:

Just because games released in Japan first and then release in NA/EU months after doesn't make them old.

And how are Starfox Zero and Zelda Wii U old games? We still haven't even played them yet lol.

I guess Final Fantasy XV is a REALLY old game as well, and most of Sony and MS games are old games.

It does. Game currently not in development. If localization team can't provide simultaneous release for the project - that's their problems, not player's.

Even here people pretend that TP HD is something new and fresh. Pathetic.

Doubt it. They didn't do it for mario, they will not do it for zelda, or metroid or whatever. They will do something on twitter or eshop, but that's around it.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Kennel83 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, I know that, but it also doesn´t make sense how scarce all the information about Zelda U has been. I know we are still far from the release date but, it would be a great way to release new footage (even if it´s short as the last one) on the day the Zelda series turns 30 years old.

Maybe just small teaser is possible, but I dont think they will release something like trailer or some new footages only around 2 weeks before TP HD launch.

Boberkun said:
Meelow said:

It does. Game currently not in development. If localization team can't provide simultaneous release for the project - that's their problems, not player's.

Even here people pretend that TP HD is something new and fresh. Pathetic.

Nope, still doesn't make them old. A game that's like 5+ years is old, are you saying if a game releases in March in Japan and then April everywhere else makes it an old game? And even if you could consider them old, who cares? They are still new to the places they just released in.

So you must think Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection isn't anything new, it may be old games but they are remastered to make them new.

So what's your excuse on Starfox and Zelda Wii U?