By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart, 06 February 2016

spurgeonryan said:
Nautilus said:

Wii U is suffering since last week a serious low stock issue.Thats why numbers in Japan are extremely low.

So....They are technically selling out?

Well yes, but i think its more of a case of bad management by Nintendo than anything else

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

The Wii U shortage is real o:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I dont know about you guys, but those Wii U numbers seem a little high on the west, or at least NA. Weird to say 20k is high

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

This PS4 numbers are just insane!
Vita doing decent too for it's 5th year.

LipeJJ said:
Impressed at PS4 numbers... it's a lot considering it's January, one of the worst months of the year. That said, I expected Wii U to be a higher than this... maybe Twilight Princess HD and Pokkén will help a bit.

January one of the worst months?
I don't think so. A lot consoles get a big push from Japan because the holidays start in Japan in January. And January is still the first month after the holidays, so there is still a little boost for the consoles in this month (especially early in the month).

Around the Network
Knitemare said:
'gotta say that after seeing this numbers, looks like Xone will crash and burn in the near future :/
First time I buy one M$ console and turns to be the worst selling of them all :(
Any way, Ill stick to my PS4, and enjoy the ride.

Um, by "them all", i'm assuming you're only refering to the 360, consider it's ~6 million away from outselling the original Xbox.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

If things keep going this way then that PS4 vs Xb one 2:1 LTD is closer than I thought.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Megaoverlord12 said:
Knitemare said:
'gotta say that after seeing this numbers, looks like Xone will crash and burn in the near future :/
First time I buy one M$ console and turns to be the worst selling of them all :(
Any way, Ill stick to my PS4, and enjoy the ride.

Um, by "them all", i'm assuming you're only refering to the 360, consider it's ~6 million away from outselling the original Xbox.

Yes, but prior to the Xbox Xobx got 0 sales, so the change from no Xbox to Xbox selling 24 million represented massive growth. And then Xb 360 achieved massive growth again. Xb one represents, likely, substantial contraction of the Xbox market, hence worst selling of them all. These things are both relative to past performance and absolute numbers. So something can be worst performing and not worst performing at the same time depending on the context of the statement. I would say that if Xb one's LTD only reaches 50-60% of 360's then this will be Xbox's worst generation even though Xb one might sell double the original.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Those Wii U numbers.. :S

binary solo said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Yes, but prior to the Xbox Xobx got 0 sales, so the change from no Xbox to Xbox selling 24 million represented massive growth. And then Xb 360 achieved massive growth again. Xb one represents, likely, substantial contraction of the Xbox market, hence worst selling of them all. These things are both relative to past performance and absolute numbers. So something can be worst performing and not worst performing at the same time depending on the context of the statement. I would say that if Xb one's LTD only reaches 60-60% of 360's then this will be Xbox's worst generation even though Xb one might sell double the original.

This explanation was the whole idea that poured in my mind when i put that comment, but I typed it in poor words, so yeah, looking at how Xbox was doing, I think Xone is not doing quite well from this perspective, other thant that, if we look at 20M by now, anyone not living on this planet the past 2 gens could say these are very good numbers :p

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.