By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bad Xbox servers made my cousin switch to PS4. (He was a Xbox fan since 2005)

I've gotta say I'm not impressed with Xbox Live. But then again, I never have been. If you're paying for a service, the service itself needs to be exceptional. Free games be damned, it needs to be rock solid and perform magical lag elimination in every game.

Around the Network

I thought xbox used to have amazing servers?

My experience is that PSN performance is less stable than XBL... So I'm not sure that's the best reason to switch.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Well the only games I play online on the X1 are Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 6. Horizon 2 has pretty good servers, Forza 6 has pretty bad servers but its not that much fun online since it actually has worse drivers then Horizon 2 it should have a lot more non collision online races since a lot of people act like all races need to be demolition derbies.

i never knew any IRL 360 fanboys. i do know a bunch of casual gamers that have switched from 360 to ps4. that doesn't really say much though because those same guys had ps2s in the prior gen and are just as likely to switch again next gen if sony isn't the market leader.

Around the Network

Let me get this straight. Your cousin switched to Playstation from the Xbox because of server issues? Isn't the definition of that considered a downgrade?

You probably should have told him about all of the down issues and attacks from hackers on the PSN. Not only that, but XBox servers in general are a lot better. Lag issues are usually due to individual game servers, or peer to peer connections, not XBox live servers. This move confuses the heck out of me.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

dongo8 said:
You probably should have told him about all of the down issues and attacks from hackers on the PSN. Not only that, but XBox servers in general are a lot better. Lag issues are usually due to individual game servers, or peer to peer connections, not XBox live servers. This move confuses the heck out of me.

True. PSN doesn't even need hackers to go down for maintenance.

*wrong thread*

Tell your cousin Welcome to the Dark Side for me. ::thumbs up::

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5