By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trophies are a pointless waste of ones time and money and used to sell crappy games.

I hunt trophies...

For the plats. 20 12.50%

For the PSN level. 16 10.00%

To extend the life of a game I love. 75 46.88%

To make dull games more interesting. 6 3.75%

I have terrible OCD. 17 10.63%

All of the above. 26 16.25%

Total:160

They're a gimmick I generally ignore.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I hunted them when they first started. Now i just get what i can get from just enjoying the game, and if i'm really close to a platinum from just enjoying it, i'll get the last few that i need for it.

spurgeonryan said:
GoOnKid said:

I don't. Most of their games have some kind of collectbles that should feed the need to complete a game, and that's sufficient for me. I don't need random pop ups that show me what a kewl player I am.

I dont need that either, just would be cool to have a community like that. See what people are playing, playing alot, etc.

Well, okay. That could be one good point.

"Trophies are a pointless waste of ones time and money and used to sell crappy games."
Yes. 100%. Buuuut, its very enjoyable, so.. I guess its kinda fine?

I agree with this topic.

I already said it more than enough, so i won't repeat myself anymore about trophy/achievments.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Now for my question, How the fuck does one balance a daily life, say 9 to 5, stereotypical bachelor life and maintain gaming time to platinum a game once a week or two games for some on PSN profiles...or thre, four, five. And then lets say you are a typical family man/woman with work and a strong social life to uphold...Fuck, how does that work? Is it just me? Where is there the time?  

There's a very simple answer to that question. It's just not possible. Those people who plat a ton of games are

a) Getting paid to do so and even then they don't have a robust social life.

b) No-lifer.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

BUT ITS FUN!

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

John2290 said:
kooltrex said:
BUT ITS FUN!

So is Jerking off but you wouldn't do that for hours on end everyday would you? 

Uhhh Y-YEAH! Who would do that? hehe...

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

I hunt for trophies/achievements to replay it.

So from what I recall when I first saw those really high level trophy hunters, is that a bunch of people play games on the same account. So what you're seeing is a bunch of no-lifers all focused on one common goal. But of course, I'm not 100% sure on this.