By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mis-Typed Pokemon

Ganoncrotch said:
Player2 said:

Why are we suddenly talking about gameplay?

Well then if you are asking why things like a sparrow or a pidgey are considered Normal/Flying compared to Moltres being Fire/Flying I don't know what to say.... the ones that are more or less normal birds are normal? the ones made of fire or rock are not?

Nope. I'm asking why a Pikachu has a pure Electric typing (yet it isn't made of electricity) meanwhile  for example Swablu is Normal/Flying.

Around the Network
Player2 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Well then if you are asking why things like a sparrow or a pidgey are considered Normal/Flying compared to Moltres being Fire/Flying I don't know what to say.... the ones that are more or less normal birds are normal? the ones made of fire or rock are not?

Nope. I'm asking why a Pikachu has a pure Electric typing (yet it isn't made of electricity) meanwhile  for example Swablu is Normal/Flying.

http://img03.deviantart.net/5a89/i/2013/308/7/d/normal_flying_pokemon_by_manaki267-d6c7o2f.jpg

Someone with a pic of a lot of the flying / normal ones, sure you have the odd outstanding thing like Duduo and Swablu, but at the same time, Pikachu looks far less like a normal mouse to me than any of those birds don't look like birds.

Also you say pikachu isn't made of electricity, but he does generate it at will from his cheeks, what do bird pokemon do... Peck... blow dust in peoples face... "fly" they aren't really abnormal things that a bird in real life doesn't do (for the most part)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

A lot of the Normal/something else types I wouldn't know they're part normal without looking up. I was so confused when Shadow Ball did nothing to Meloletta.

Also while its typing makes sense for what it is, I'm still very disappointed that Surskit went from the unique combo of Bug/Water to the generic overdone Bug/Flying when evolved into Masquerain.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Also while its typing makes sense for what it is, I'm still very disappointed that Surskit went from the unique combo of Bug/Water to the generic overdone Bug/Flying when evolved into Masquerain.

does it even matter ?

Surskit @ Focus Sash  

Ability: Swift Swim  

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  

Timid Nature  

- Rain Dance  

- Hydro Pump  

- Signal Beam  

- Ice Beam

252 SpA Surskit Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame in Rain: 408-480 (137.3 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Luke888 said:

does it even matter ?

Surskit @ Focus Sash  

Ability: Swift Swim  

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  

Timid Nature  

- Rain Dance  

- Hydro Pump  

- Signal Beam  

- Ice Beam

252 SpA Surskit Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame in Rain: 408-480 (137.3 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I did lol, I'll give you that!