By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mis-Typed Pokemon

I never actually knew that Gothita and Gothitelle were Psychic types until recently since they had a design that made me think they would be dark types. Also, a dumb one but I never knew Hawlucha was a fighting and flying. I first thought it was only a fighting type and wondered why grass moves weren't working. Guess I never looked at the wings

Around the Network

I've always wondered why Lucario's second type is Steel

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 08 August 2018

OttoniBastos said:
uran10 said:
Gyarados was only turned flying cause he would have been OP in gen 1, sadly they never fixed him after that.. poor guy :(

It is the same with charizard.Everybody asks why charizard is not a dragon and the truth is Dragon was a very OP type(and still is i guess).Combine that with fire and there would be very little ways to win against him.Since he was a starter that would make charmander an unbalanced choice.

And then you have Greninja >_>

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 08 August 2018

Around the Network

Most Normal/Flying pokemon. Why not pure Flying?

Oooooo I thought you meant Mistyped as in Typo'd pokemon names.

Regarding that have you guys ever dreaded the thought of kids Typo'ing Fletchlings name? I mean you don't want kids googling Feltching (This is a seriously NSFW term, 18s+ do not google it if you don't want to know, please), far worse than the concept of gyarados having been a dragon imo.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Player2 said:

A lot of them have a large number of normal type moves and would recieve a damage penalty on all of them if they didn't have the element, also normals main weakness is fighting attacks, which Flying negates anyway so it isn't too bad.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mike321 said:
I used to think sodowoodo was a grass type, and there was a time when I couldn't figure the typing of Ludicolo (it's water/grass for some random reason)

Isn't he based on a cactus? Those usually have big amounts of water stored inside them, maybe that's why?

Ganoncrotch said:
Player2 said:

A lot of them have a large number of normal type moves and would recieve a damage penalty on all of them if they didn't have the element, also normals main weakness is fighting attacks, which Flying negates anyway so it isn't too bad.

Why are we suddenly talking about gameplay?