By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Overrated animated films?

Most people here are men bashing movies aimed at 8 year old girls.

This thread sucks.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Frozen is a weak movie, with weak characters that have weak motivations. That movie is basically one scene (the let it go scene) that brainwashed everyone into thinking it's a magical movie.

Toy Story 3 is a good movie, but god it was over rated. It basically had nothing special. It had a great emotional ending leaving the viewers with a great last impression, but when you look at the whole movie, it was'nt special.

Inside Out was also meh imo.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Jumpin said:
Most people here are men bashing movies aimed at 8 year old girls.

This thread sucks.

They're for "everyone".

I would say Star Wars Empire strikes back with A New Hope being a close second.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'd say Frozen. I thought it was good for what it was, but it wasn't anything special.

Also, Tangled was much better.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Shiken said:
I would say Star Wars Empire strikes back with A New Hope being a close second.

Animated Film???

My damn troll attempt failed horribly...this is why you don't speed read at the gym ladies and gents...

Honest answer though...Bambi

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'm probably going to get crucified for this, but Akira. I think it's well made, and the animation is gorgeous. But the characters are paper thin, and the story completely falls apart. So, basically, I didn't care about anything that happened in the film.

Spirited away. Like many other anime stand alone movies, has the problem of too many random elements showing up without proper explanation and the whole movie ends up a mess.

Frozen, definitely. And a lot of people might hate me for this, but I found Wall-E to be overrated too.

Most movies mentioned in this thread are still better than most modern live action movies.

My pick: The Lion King.