By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Price $428 (bundle) And $299 (standalone) (RUMOUR)

but i already have the Move controllers...

hoping will have another only PSVR + camera bundle like $329...

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Camera + move controllers = no thanks.

Stand alone VR headset and normal controller is all Id need.

299$ is a great price too.

The headset needs the Camera to work..   thats how it figures how your movements/body tracking.   (Oculus has one also)

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

JRPGfan said:

Camera + move controllers = no thanks.

Stand alone VR headset and normal controller is all Id need.

299$ is a great price too.

You need the camera.

The PS5 Exists. 

eva01beserk said:
DM235 said:
I'd be happy if it was $299, but I am expecting $399 to $499. The hardware isn't that much different from the Oculus Rift, and I don't expect Sony to take that big of a loss on the hardware.

I dont think its smart to price it higher than the console itself. SO $350 should be the highest it can be priced.

As a consumer, I totally agree with you.  However, as Sony, if there are $400 worth of parts in there, once you add packaging, shipping and retail markup, it pretty easy to get to $499 (never mind trying to recoup all of the R&D that went into it).  I honestly don't think tha Sony will launch PSVR with a loss on each unit.  At the very least they will try to break even.

Also, I don't think it's fair to compare it to current console pricing.  PSVR's competition is the Oculus Rift ($599) and the HTC Vive ($599 or more, most likely).  If Sony comes in at $499, they will already be a bargain compared to their competition.

Nautilus said:
I hardly think so thats going to be the price.After seeing all that it comes with, and while PSVR isnt as powerful as the Rift, I cant imagine it being that far behind, I really dont think its going to be 300.I guess its more around 400 dollars.But we will see.Until E 3 we should have the price on it

It's realistic. Considering...

The Rift comes with

- 1 Sensor

- 1 Xbox One Pad

- 2 Games

- Remote Control

- Built-in Headphones+Mic

A bare PS VR for 299.- won't have any of this. Maybe one game (Playroom VR). Additionally, compared to Oculus/Facebook, Sony will produce larger quantities in correlation with sales projection. The more PS VRs produced/sold, the more cost efficient. Each HMD will sell an average amount of games. And in software sales lies the profit.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

I'm still inclined to think it's going to be $350 for the standalone.

The PS5 Exists. 

What's the camera good for? Without it the Sony VR can't track ur position in the room?

Is the Oculus going to have a camera for its 600 Dollar price?

If the playstation VR will cost 430 Dollar including a camera, he will be a very good price!

Slimebeast said:
What's the camera good for? Without it the Sony VR can't track ur position in the room?

If the playstation VR will cost 430 Dollar including a camera, he will be a very good price!

Yeah, the Rift comes with a motion tracking sensor similar to the Camera.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Slimebeast said:

It's more to do with tracking the orientation of your head than the position in the room, although of course it can do that too.

The PS5 Exists. 

Normchacho said:
Slimebeast said:

Yeah, the Rift comes with a motion tracking sensor similar to the Camera.

And with a X360 controller, but not the awesome Oculus motion controllers.

o
S what is the most adequate comparison here?

600 Dollars versus 430 dollars. The latter is a great price if it would be true.