By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Price $428 (bundle) And $299 (standalone) (RUMOUR)

I hardly think so thats going to be the price.After seeing all that it comes with, and while PSVR isnt as powerful as the Rift, I cant imagine it being that far behind, I really dont think its going to be 300.I guess its more around 400 dollars.But we will see.Until E 3 we should have the price on it

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
JEMC said:

I could see the PSVR headset being $299, but that $428 for the bundle is an odd number that makes this rumor harder to believe.

Don't think it's an actual 428$ bundle. 

There is no mention of a bundle like that in the thread.  It just looks like he's talking about the other two bundles 129+299 = 428$. 

129 and 299 would be very normal prices. 

*re-reads again the source*

You're right. I missunderstood it because a bundle is most likely in the works too.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I already have the camera but no Move controllers. They are $30 each and I would need 2 as far as I know...

$360 for me then if true. Not a bad price at all for someone who is highly interested. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced I'll care for VR much. Will play the wait & see game

[] [] [] {} [] 

I'd be happy if it was $299, but I am expecting $399 to $499. The hardware isn't that much different from the Oculus Rift, and I don't expect Sony to take that big of a loss on the hardware.

the-pi-guy said:
eva01beserk said:

If thats the target then its even worse. THere has to be a very small amount of people who $1000+ pcs. Not just that have them, but use them for gaming. There are a lot of beefy pcs used for video editing and some application rendering.

But its insane that they would not target new consumers and at this prices, its ovbious who has a wider reach.

Edit: please dont add that tv argument into this, its just plain ridiculous. 

It's supposed to be the first attempt at good VR.  OR isn't trying to hit mass market price, they are just trying to make the best VR they can.  They've said themselves that it'll become something that people will want, before it becomes something most people will have. 

Overall OR will do good, it's already beating their expectations. 

Nautilus said:
I hardly think so thats going to be the price.After seeing all that it comes with, and while PSVR isnt as powerful as the Rift, I cant imagine it being that far behind, I really dont think its going to be 300.I guess its more around 400 dollars.But we will see.Until E 3 we should have the price on it

The DK2 had similar specs and was priced around there. 

Does that mean that they are already planning a lite version? Cuz I can kind of see that. Start with the premium the quickly release a cosumer frienldy version when the competition starts to release theirs. Im not sure thats a good strategy. If the psvr sets itself as the default vr early on and developers start to favore it, it will be like 7th gen. When the 360 started early and developers got used to it before the more powerfull machine ps3 came around and the 360 had a build advantange and ps3 was barely able to tie. I dont think the rift will be able to pull a tiie or even get halft the userbase considering how the ps4 is destroying the competition sales wise, content wise, performanse wise.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
DM235 said:
I'd be happy if it was $299, but I am expecting $399 to $499. The hardware isn't that much different from the Oculus Rift, and I don't expect Sony to take that big of a loss on the hardware.

I dont think its smart to price it higher than the console itself. SO $350 should be the highest it can be priced.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Yeah, $299 for the standalone version is what I have been guessing. At that price, I'll pre-order one.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

$300 would be great. i already have the camera and controllers and $300 is cheap enough to be almost an impulse buy for me. i wouldn't buy day-1 but i would definitely consider it around the 6 month mark if people continue to be impressed by the hardware and line-up.

Camera + move controllers = no thanks.

Stand alone VR headset and normal controller is all Id need.

299$ is a great price too.

JRPGfan said:

Camera + move controllers = no thanks.

Stand alone VR headset and normal controller is all Id need.

299$ is a great price too.

Well no, actually...the camera is required to use the headset.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.