By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Price $428 (bundle) And $299 (standalone) (RUMOUR)

399$ complete PSVR + camera + move controllers would be a sweet price.

Around the Network

There was some difference in using a VR HMD without a camera tracking your HMD and the HMD using a camera to add in additional tracking functionality to the VR environment.

Example: Samsung Gear VR is VRv, but does not have an External camera tracking the HMD headset's position.
All VR HMD'S today can work without external cameras tracking the HMD's positioned Space, but having the camera tracking such provides more immersive experience while the user is inside the VR environment.

Example Oculus talks about this very difference between having external cameras added to track your HMD.
http://www.roadtovr.com/luckey-on-gear-vr-positional-tracking-rumors-vr-grade-inside-out-tracking-is-not-currently-workable-on-mobile/

Remember the PlayStation Eye does the same thing , its tracks the LED's positions on the HMD for positions & can add in AR effect overlays on the HMD if such was needed, like a AR sword overlay on the playstation Move

Now what oculus talked about Mobile position tracking inside out 

Another Company Sony owns Softkinetic is doing just that though

http://uploadvr.com/softkinetic-and-vrvana-partner-to-bring-positional-tracking-to-mobile-vr/

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

It's a good price point. Could be better, but the standalone price is more appealing. Now, if I were to buy the PSVR, I'd buy the standalone since the Move controllers still haven't clicked on me.

Mr_No said:
It's a good price point. Could be better, but the standalone price is more appealing. Now, if I were to buy the PSVR, I'd buy the standalone since the Move controllers still haven't clicked on me.

Quite understandable , in that but I tend to look at the inputs as geared better for certain tasks and not as good in others. Such for examples: 

Dream's by media Molecules team made great use of using PlayStation move inside the Creative designs of the game, sorta of a virtual pottery's wheel so to speak.

But to play levels , it no doubt better to play with game pad in majority of the cases.

Its pretty much aside from motion tracked gloves with sensors the best way to create in dreams. Its just fast and fluid. Vs what you could sculpt with a game pad vs PlayStation Move in such a situation game pad to say the least would not be as free form in sculpting assets for the Dreams game.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.