Tagged games:

Will I regret?

yes 37 40.22%

no - redeeming qualities 27 29.35%

no - so bad that its good 17 18.48%

other 11 11.96%

Total:92
2Quick said:

I've read the reviews, and I've also read the player reviews and seem that most people seem happy with their purchase.  I want to try it for myself, and this way at least I have a physical copy, which is better than just a download.  

looking at this game, it reminds me (a little) of duke nukem.  Is it duke nukem levels of cheesy?

I can't say for sure because I haven't played the Duke, but I think Devil's Third trys to emule the aesthetics of 80's and 90's action movies, like Schwarzeneggers or Stallones early work. Ivan has a tendency for cheesy one-liners and an "I'll do it all alone against their whole army"-attitude, that's for sure.

Around the Network

I think at the point where you make a thread about having bought a game you know there is something strange about it's purchase? I mean this can't be something that people do every game they buy can it?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If you end up buying it, then you should have enough interest to at least play it so it should be fine :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

2Quick said:

I just bought Devil's third for $60, and it ships a week from tomorrow.  I look forward realising if it is as horrible as everyone says.  Is it so bad thats its good? does it have some redemption?  or will I regret my purchase?  

It's not. Devil's Third is a great game. Multiplayer already dead (thanks to the haters), but single player on hardcore + Score Attack super fun.

I think you're wasting your money lol why don't you yry it on pc first if its f2p

Around the Network

Depends; how is your tolerance for bad controls, bad AI, bad framerate, bad graphics, bad story, and bad voice acting?

GoOnKid said:

Graphics might be edgy here and there, but the gameplay is absolutely fine, controls are tight, soundtrack keeps getting better the further you go, the atmosphere is great, and the amount of craziness is insane. Always keep in mind that this game was never meant to be taken seriously, or trying to be realistic, and you'll have a great time.

This

About what I said earlier regarding the craziness: here are some screens from miiverse.

In score attack mode you can find coloured chicken.

"Chainsaw-guy AND Axe-guy?! Love the wink to classic baddies from slashermovies."

"devil's third - that game where you can power slide up a set of stairs while wielding a rocket launcher"

KLAMarine said:
GoOnKid said:

Have you played it?

No, I was just alarmed that someone would drop $60 on a game he seemed to know little about. Hoping he likes it, for his sake.

I kinda like the idea of that though - buying a game you know little about. Reminds me of the old days before the internet when you had no real access to information. Or when your parents bought you a game for xmas or whatever that you hadn't asked for. I think it broadens your experiences.

curl-6 said:

Depends; how is your tolerance for bad controls, bad AI, bad framerate, bad graphics, bad story, and bad voice acting?

Like in Fatal Frame...