By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is treating Amiibo as On Disc DLC

Miyamotoo said:

My opinion is based on fact that features like those never before Amiibo didnt exist in any Nintendo game.

So almost all those features we seeing in games wouldn't exist on first place without Amiibos because Nintendo wouldn't made them. Personally dont have any problem with Amiibos, all those features are meaningless and need or I am forced in any way to buy them.

Are you saying it's not an assumption because it's an opinion? Those go hand in hand. When your opinion is on the reason for something, then it's also an assumption. Terminology asside, it doesn't change that we can't know for a fact what features would or wouldn't have existed without amiibo. As for your "fact", AI, character skins, difficultys, traditional party mode, and weapons that are literally in the game already have all existed in Nintendo games before.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

My opinion is based on fact that features like those never before Amiibo didnt exist in any Nintendo game.

So almost all those features we seeing in games wouldn't exist on first place without Amiibos because Nintendo wouldn't made them. Personally dont have any problem with Amiibos, all those features are meaningless and need or I am forced in any way to buy them.

Are you saying it's not an assumption because it's an opinion? Those go hand in hand. When your opinion is on the reason for something, then it's also an assumption. Terminology asside, it doesn't change that we can't know for a fact what features would or wouldn't have existed without amiibo. As for your "fact", AI, character skins, difficultys, traditional party mode, and weapons that are literally in the game already have all existed in Nintendo games before.

No Zelda refreshing hearts, arrows or 4x greater dmg didn't exist in Zelda games before. Same goes for skins in Mario Kart, or controlling two Yoshis in Yoshi Woolly World..

Miyamotoo said:

No Zelda refreshing hearts, arrows or 4x greater dmg didn't exist in Zelda games before. Same goes for skins in Mario Kart, or controlling two Yoshis in Yoshi Woolly World..

I see you shamelessly moved the goal post, as you originally said "in any nintendo game." More importantly, you completely ignored the assumption part, which is crucial because if you can't accept the fact that we don't know whether these features would exist without amiibo or not, then I'm not going to continue on with you.

No, I do agree with the point people are making that these features wouldn't have been included without Amiibo. I certainly don't think the thought process behind these features is "What can we take out of the game and lock behind Amiibo", I do believe it is "What can we add to the game to give Amiibo functionality". That doesn't change the fact that it is essentially on-disc DLC.

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
It's not on disc dlc. You're not downloading anything. It's unlocking it. So guess a more fitting name would be locked content, and amiibos are the keys, haha...

Yeah, this is pretty terrible this time. Ah well, I buy the amiibo for the figurines anyways.

Ppl see Amiibo as just a physical form of the same thing.

Either way you need a key, you pay for it, and can then access the content.

Well, at least on the bright side, among a group of people, if one of them has an amiibo you can use, you can just borrow it and never need to buy one. Worked for me a few times, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

I see you shamelessly moved the goal post, as you originally said "in any nintendo game." More importantly, you completely ignored the assumption part, which is crucial because if you can't accept the fact that we don't know whether these features would exist without amiibo or not, then I'm not going to continue on with you.

Already wrote, Zelda refreshing hearts, arrows or 4x greater dmg didn't exist in Zelda games before, same goes for skins in Mario Kart, Smash, or controlling two Yoshis in Yoshi Woolly World...that is a fact, Amiibo things like those bring to games, I really don't see Nintendo would include features like those in games without Amiibo.

Which is the reason for me not to buy these games at all. I do not buy incomplete games.

I'll say it once and I'll say it a million more times... DLC, in any form, is evil.

The Amiibo shenanigans is why I haven't bought a Nintendo title in awhile and don't plan on doing it any time soon.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I'll say it once and I'll say it a million more times... DLC, in any form, is evil.

No, I wouldn't say dlc is evil. It's a good way to extend the life of a game, though it's easily been turned into a bad thing these days... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread