By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is treating Amiibo as On Disc DLC

DlC is DLC.
At least it's physical so you can actually see it and touch it. Not to mention it works with other stuff.

Of course, I'm not saying anything not said before.

Around the Network

I've been saying this since the beggining of this mess. We Zelda fans have been asking for more difficulty in the games and what we got? A little better solution that is locked behind useless plastic. That's disgusting.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

^Well when will you ever see more Zelda merchandise that is actually closer to affordable than most collectible merchandise seen today? So it's not technically useless plastic if there is demand for it. Plus this is part of Nintendo's plan on raising awareness of their IPs, going old school and within their toy company roots.

Kai_Mao said:
^Well when will you ever see more Zelda merchandise that is actually closer to affordable than most collectible merchandise seen today? So it's not technically useless plastic if there is demand for it. Plus this is part of Nintendo's plan on raising awareness of their IPs, going old school and within their toy company roots.

I'd take more original new games over official affordable Zelda merchandise anyday.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

^Thats fine, me too. I just like the figures as well. Though of course new high profile games these days are not simple to make due to complex technology. Unless we're talking about indies and smaller budget games.

Plus I'm not really bothered by what amiibo have and don't have personally. Smash and Splatoon are still incredible games without the figures being used. I've not felt like I missed anything. Not sure if I'll miss much in TPHD if I don't use the Wolf Link amiibo. And if it helps raise awareness of the IPs, then it's good for Nintendo.

Around the Network

It's not on disc dlc. You're not downloading anything. It's unlocking it. So guess a more fitting name would be locked content, and amiibos are the keys, haha...

Yeah, this is pretty terrible this time. Ah well, I buy the amiibo for the figurines anyways.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

If you look almost all content locked behind Amiibo you will see that content is really just small additional feature to the full games.

Ganondorf Amiibo for TP HD is good example, 4x time never before did not exist in any Zelda game, WW HD dont have Amiibo and have regular Hero mode with 2x damage, so Ganondorf Amiibo basically bringing something new to the game and that feature wouldn't exist without Amiibo.

An assumption that doesn't hold much weight since the feature could easily exist without amiibo like pretty much everything locked behind amiibo, and yes that includes the trivial stuff like tap once a day to get an item. amiibo are only used to unlock these features, they do nothing towards their function.

Its not assumption its opinion based on facts. Yes that feature could easily exist without Amiibo, but point is that wouldn't exist without Amiibo, 2 years ago when Amiibos were not around we had WW HD and we didnt had 4x dmg we had only normal 2x dmg with Hero mode, same goes for refreshing hearts and arrows, we didn't had none of that before in any game. What Nintendo here is doing is making complete game and than thinking how to add some (in most cases totally irrelevant) additional features that can be used by Amiibo.

Personally I don't have one single Amiibo and dont have any need to buy any of them.

Amiibo it just a gemmick to make moer $ from poor gamer soul.....
Sadly i'm affect too. I own few amiibo myself...

Miyamotoo said:

Its not assumption its opinion based on facts. Yes that feature could easily exist without Amiibo, but point is that wouldn't exist without Amiibo, 2 years ago when Amiibos were not around we had WW HD and we didnt had 4x dmg we had only normal 2x dmg with Hero mode, same goes for refreshing hearts and arrows, we didn't had none of that before in any game. What Nintendo here is doing is making complete game and than thinking how to add some (in most cases totally irrelevant) additional features that can be used by Amiibo.

Personally I don't have one single Amiibo and dont have any need to buy any of them.

You don't know for a fact, therefore it's an assuptiom, admittedly a likely one in some cases such as TPHD, but very unlikely in others like Splatoon and Mario Party. Also the bolded doesn't make it sound better, I mean that's what on disc day 1 dlc is right there. The features generally being miniscule is what makes em overpriced aswell.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

You don't know for a fact, therefore it's an assuptiom, admittedly a likely one in some cases such as TPHD, but very unlikely in others like Splatoon and Mario Party. Also the bolded doesn't make it sound better, I mean that's what on disc day 1 dlc is right there. The features generally being miniscule is what makes em overpriced aswell.

My opinion is based on fact that features like those never before Amiibo didnt exist in any Nintendo game.

So almost all those features we seeing in games wouldn't exist on first place without Amiibos because Nintendo wouldn't made them. Personally dont have any problem with Amiibos, all those features are meaningless and need or I am forced in any way to buy them.