By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Limited Edition

So, details for the limited edition of Metal Gear Solid 4 in the US have been revealed thanks to... ugh... GameStop.

And what will your $84.99 get you?

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Saga Volume 2 DVD with Metal Gear Online beta key (available for pick-up mid-April)

A Blu-ray Disc containing:
2 making-of documentaries
An interview with Hideo Kojima
4 chapters of the graphics novel
Metal Gear Import Soundtrack CD

And if you pre-order it at GameStop, you'll get an exclusive art book.

I kinda hate to admit it, but I'm buying this. Metal Gear owns me. Did you know that the limited edition of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence goes for ~$120+ on eBay?

Edit: Credit to the GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10315976&postcount=1

Around the Network

I never get limited editions but I'm reserving this ASAP.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I might get it as well...we will see.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm buying it.

>_>

Does anyone know if you can pre-order this now, and pick up the extra goodies come April, or can you only get the goodies when it becomes available?

Either way, definitely getting the Limited Edition.

Around the Network
Quickdraw McGraw said:
Does anyone know if you can pre-order this now, and pick up the extra goodies come April, or can you only get the goodies when it becomes available?

That's what I got from the OP.

I pre-ordered back in January, so it looks like I'll have to go and change it. 

Quickdraw McGraw said:

If you pre-order it at GameStop, you can come in and pick up the MGS Saga/MGO Beta disc in store when they get them in April. That's the way they've done it with most pre-order bonuses that aren't exclusive to their store. The Patapon demo, for example. I had pre-ordered Patapon months before release and when the pre-order demo disc with extra weapon was announced amd made available at other retailers, I was able to walk into GameStop and pick it up.

Buying 2, one to keep sealed.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I got the last one :P So this is a plus.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
I got the last one :P So this is a plus.

I hate you. I'm contemplating dropping ~$40 to get Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 to pair up with my copy of Subsistence. I wonder if Vol. 2 will actually contain everything on there - it'd be nice to save my money. I'm also staring at The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2. It's substantially cheaper, though it still has a nasty eBay shipping charge.