By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Okay, I got an XB1! (Updated)

Should I get an XB1?

Yes 150 45.18%

No 142 42.77%

Only if more decent exclusives are confirmed. 40 12.05%

Total:332
d21lewis said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I don't get why people would wait to buy a console just to save 50€ / GBP.
Liverpool just increased their prices. It is now 77 GBP to watch a single game.

I spend more than that when I am out with friends.
Damn, watching a movie (in theatre obviously) with my wife is more expensive than that.

In a word:
Go out and buy one.

I don't get any people ask random strangers what they should spend hundreds of dollars on.  I love you guys on this site but I wouldn't ask you guys what topping I should put on my pizza.

And like you, the cost of a game is nothing to me. I spent $200 on dinner and a movie (Not even a great movie. We saw "The Boy") last week and never gave it a second thought. If you like something and you can afford it, buy it.  That's how I see it.

Because it's nice to get some alternative opinions on what people would do in my position. Strangely not many people I know in the real world have my console combination and keep recommending I get an XB1 for FIFA and Call of Duty....

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I'd wait to see what else they've got up their sleeves this year. There's gotta be something good they're holding back for a 2016 release. I would also maybe wait to see some reviews for Quantum Break

reggin_bolas said:

Absolutely not. The only console you need this gen is PS4 with a PC companion for some free-to-play titles. You do not need a Wii U or a an XB1.

The XB1 has no good exclusives and the Wii U is a....yeah you don't want to support Nintendo. Good luck and have fun with your PS4.

Moderated by - PwerlvlAmy

I see no reason as to why this was moderated. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Zoombael said:

No. Absolutely not. With your purchase of the one box you would cause an alteration of the cosmological constant and the universe as we know it would cease to exist. Order and chaos out of balance not only mankind would cease to exist, but all live in the universe, all its inhabitant spirits cast into the sinister realm of the void. A maelstrom of malice and torment eternally. Purgatory.

You cannot want this. To be responsible for the destruction and suffering of countless worlds and souls. Do the right thing. Don't give in to the deceptive temptation that is the soothing green sown by diabolical forces, sown on to the soil of this once untainted world. You must not give in, be strong, so purity can prevail once more!

Hahaha, yes this ^ for sure indeed!

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Based on your having a vita, I would sell your PS4 and reinvest into more games for it or an XB1 if you bought it. You have enough games from the PS universe if you have the vita.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
reggin_bolas said:

Absolutely not. The only console you need this gen is PS4 with a PC companion for some free-to-play titles. You do not need a Wii U or a an XB1.

The XB1 has no good exclusives and the Wii U is a....yeah you don't want to support Nintendo. Good luck and have fun with your PS4.

To state that it has no good exclusives is entirely subjective and should not be stated as fact. Many do love exclusives on Xbox One as do owners of PS4 and Wii U with their exclusives. I dont see that the moderator's action is that hard to understand. Do you?

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

hershel_layton said:
reggin_bolas said:

It was a pure troll comment with the intention of baiting and changing this thread into a flame war.

@OP Try grab a good bundle and enjoy your Xbox One and grab Sunset Overdrive before anything else its an amazing game with plently of hours of fun to be had.

3sexty said:

To state that it has no good exclusives is entirely subjective and should not be stated as fact. Many do love exclusives on Xbox One as do owners of PS4 and Wii U with their exclusives. I dont see that the moderator's action is that hard to understand. Do you?

I don't care whether he got banned or not but this post rubs me up the wrong way. Stating an opinion as fact wasn't scorned upon for the last two years, so why now? I can quite happily type 'PS4 has no games' but think twice about typing 'XB1 has no games.' I'm not knocking anyone here, it's just an anomaly I've spotted.

In answer to the question of whether to buy an XB1: Why not? If you have the money go for it, there are lots of great console exclusives coming to the XB1.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
3sexty said:

I don't care whether he got banned or not but this post rubs me up the wrong way. Stating an opinion as fact wasn't scorned upon for the last two years, so why now? I can quite happily type 'PS4 has no games' but think twice about typing 'XB1 has no games.' I'm not knocking anyone here, it's just an anomaly I've spotted.

Not sure I understand your post. Are you unhappy with my comment which I stand by. We should avoid putting forward personal opinion as though it is a fact, especially if its intended to disparage. Otherwise I assume you are saying you are unhappy with this site for supposedly allowing opinion to be passed as fact on previous occasions?. By the way this is my opinion about the post in question and the action taken by the moderator. I am not offering any views on what you percieve to be the unjust actions of this site and moderators over the past 2 years.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

3sexty said:

Not sure I understand your post. Are you unhappy with my comment which I stand by. We should avoid putting forward personal opinion as though it is a fact, especially if its intended to disparage. Otherwise I assume you are saying you are unhappy with this site for supposedly allowing opinion to be passed as fact on previous occasions?. By the way this is my opinion about the post in question and the action taken by the moderator. I am not offering any views on what you percieve to be the unjust actions of this site and moderators over the past 2 years.

Just that it should have been said many times in the previous 2 years and perhaps modderated in the same way. It would have saved us the nonsense of haing to have thread after thread disproving the narrative. It's just an observation, nothing more.

The PS5 Exists.