By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst: "Nintendo is in much better shape than you think."

Sebastian Kramer is the only analyst I trust.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

lol true story bro.

Ok.... well...
some of his statements may be confusing, specially those about Sony 1st party titles, Ubisoft titles, Sony launching games for Nintendo, fans that buy games for brand loyalty rather than quality and vice-versa, etc. Let´s simply compact it in one sentence: Sony 1st party games do not sell well and Nintendo 1st party games sell well.

Now let´s focus on the core: the financial situation of gaming companies or divisions. I think it´s clear to anyone that both Nintendo and Sony videogame divisions are doing fairly well. The problem here is the future of the dedicated gaming console market, specially for Nintendo, who doesn´t have any other business units besides gaming right now. Nintendo must carefully think about its next steps: the whole NX funcionality and marketing, its mobile business and brands/franchises expansions.

They have the money to do that, but they don´t have much time.....I hope they took the right decisions

jonathanalis said:
Only disagree in one point: Nintendo players didnt buy Mário tennis and AC amiibo game on Wii u.
So, if the product is shitty, it still matters.

I thought the same. Mario & Sonic at Sochi also didn´t sell well 

I would disagree..

Nintendo really needs to find a reversal or they would be in a lot of trouble..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Well played, Tee.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

JRPGfan said:
"It's still the same old problem. Sony games don't sell on Sony systems,..."

I want to disagree with this... but at the same time.... Im the type that would buy a PS4 and not for Sonys first party games.

It would be to get :

Final Fantasy XV,
Final Fantasy VIIR,
World of Final Fantasy,
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time,
Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness,
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered,
Kingdom Hearts III,
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5,
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom,
Edge of Eternity,

Yeah, I don't care about any Sony first party either.

I thought amiibo was saving Nintendo's ass. I heard they make a ridiculously high profit for every figure sold

Platina said:
I would disagree..

Nintendo really needs to find a reversal or they would be in a lot of trouble..

But they're doing almost as well as Sony!!!

leyendax69 said:

I thought amiibo was saving Nintendo's ass. I heard they make a ridiculously high profit for every figure sold

They do, but there are only so many spurges and powerlvlamys out there to keep the gravy train rolling, and for every one of them there's another pavolink lurking in the weeds, just waiting to burn down an amiibo truck or ten.

Good read! Funny thing is that a lot of this could fix things. Sony games would finally sell if they released on different consoles.