By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst: "Nintendo is in much better shape than you think."

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:
What an embarassment for those first party games been outsould by a garage kiddy game in a 1/3 installbase.

It's a shame that cannot be erased.

Not even time will make people forget it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

someone has too much time on their hands lol.

Although Nintendo are in good shape from a financial POV, they horded their cash lol.

TruckOSaurus said:
Sebastian Kramer is the only analyst I trust.

As you should Trucks, as you should.

rodea_sky_soldier said:
Zoombael said:

Funny analcysts.

And The Last of Us sold twice as much as Splatoon (First Party). And Bloodborne sold twice as much as Bayonetta 2... and... uh... 50 times as much as Devil's third (Third Party).

Mario Kart 8.

What about Mario Kart 8?

Hunting Season is done...

@zoombael
What about Mario Kart 8?

sold more than:

last of us (PS4) = twice, (PS3) = 1/3
Uncharted collection = almost 3 times more
infamous, killzone = almost 4 times more
Driveclub = more than 4 times
littlebigplanet 3, knack, the order, until dawn = ~ 5 times more
MBL15 the show = 9 times more
MBL14 the show = 12 times more
God of War 3 remaster = 15 times more

(........)

your comment has no sense. just it.  :p
If you can say that, i can say this, and we go on a loop.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:
I know it's a joke article but it annoys me when people say Nintendo fans will blindly buy anything Nintendo makes.

Is that why Codename STEAM, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Fossil Fighters: Frontier (in the west) all flopped?

Why haven't Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad, Pikmin 3, Rainbow Curse, Woolly World sold nearly as much as Splatoon, Mario Maker, Smash Bros, Mario Kart?

Does it also annoy you when people say that the Nintendo games which do well only do so because of a lack of competition?

to me, yes

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:
I know it's a joke article but it annoys me when people say Nintendo fans will blindly buy anything Nintendo makes.

Is that why Codename STEAM, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Fossil Fighters: Frontier (in the west) all flopped?

Why haven't Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad, Pikmin 3, Rainbow Curse, Woolly World sold nearly as much as Splatoon, Mario Maker, Smash Bros, Mario Kart?

Does it also annoy you when people say that the Nintendo games which do well only do so because of a lack of competition?

Yes because even on Nintendo devices that have had strong 3rd party support, 1st party games still sold amazing and always the best sellers.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't understand why this sort of thing is allowed here......

AlfredoTurkey said:
Zoombael said:

"It's still the same old problem. Sony games don't sell on Sony systems, but first party software is where the big money comes from. For example, Splatoon outsold The Order 1886 and Bloodborne combined in a matter of months despite the Wii U having only one third of the installed base of the PS4. My advice for Sony is to develop games for Nintendo platforms because their users have historically been very receptive for high quality first party software. It's a strategy that is already working for Microsoft, so Sony should follow suit. What's especially sad on PlayStation is that gamers routinely pick Ubisoft games over Sony titles, and people don't even like Ubisoft."

Funny analcysts.

And The Last of Us sold twice as much as Splatoon (First Party). And Bloodborne sold twice as much as Bayonetta 2... and... uh... 50 times as much as Devil's third (Third Party).

"*NTH (Now that's hardcore) is a fictive market research firm that collects its data primarily from internet message boards."

OK. A link still should be mandatory.

Splatoon and The Last of Us on PS4 are both at 4 million. Mario Kart 8 is outselling it handedly. Splatoon is outselling Bloodborne 2 to 1. 

You cannot compare a game like Splatoon that was marketed to kids for months on end to a niche game like a soul game.

ZhugeEX said:
I don't understand why this sort of thing is allowed here......

This sort of thing? Do you mean fun?