By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo FY2015 Q3 Results (3DS: 3.6m, WiiU: 1.87m, Profit)

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:
So, is Wii U spot on? Overtracked?

Overtracked. VGC has it at 12.45m, so at the very least 250k too high.

The 3DS is overtracked by around 500k units at least.

There both undertracked slightly

Week ending 2nd Jan :

Wii U - 12,466,964 - Official as of 31st December - 12.6m

3DS - 57,801,748 - Official as of 31st December - 57.94m

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
I'm mainly curious to see how Splatoon officially performed. Would be nice to get some updates on older games like Majora's Mask 3D tho.

It's nice to hear analysts expect 200m+ profit for the last quarter; Nintendo seems to be back to stability since they have been profiting on the last quarters as well.

Turns out that Splatoon is at 4m+, which is amazing! No info on Majora's, but I'm sure it's over 2m as well.

Nice to see Triforce Heroes above 1m, New Leaf very close to 10m and Mario Kart 8 at 7.2m is just nuts! Seriously, this is cray cray. It also seems that Pokémon games are much higher than we thought: I mean, XY is at 14.5 and ORAS, which is just a remake, is at 11m or something.

Btw, did Nintendo profited 337m or am I reading it super wrong? 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Miyamotoo said:
OneKartVita said:

I'm aware of that.  NX launching is going to be all good though.  Once it's announced all current hardware will decline even more and if it releases and doesn't take off Nintendo are in a much worse position than when they launched the 3DS.  

Overall the results are just what's to be expected.  No major increase or decrease.  

Yes, but this time they will have Amiibos and mobile games to back them up. Also despite bad current hardware sale they making good profit, around $330m for first 9 monts.

That's because the Wii U's they're selling now we're developed in a different fiscal year so costs were listed then. Amiibo will likely peak especially if NX does worse than 3DS + Wii U.  And mobile is unproven.  Nintendo might be too stubborn to fully embrace mobile.  

RolStoppable said:
WoodenPints said:

There both undertracked slightly

Week ending 2nd Jan :

Wii U - 12,466,964 - Official as of 31st December - 12.6m

3DS - 57,801,748 - Official as of 31st December - 57.94m

VGC aims to track sell-through, not sell-in.

lol yea for some reason as I posted that my mind forgot that :D

LipeJJ said:

No info on Majora's, but I'm sure it's over 2m as well.

I was also hoping to see some sales for Majora's Mask, but I guess we'll have to wait until the next report which will cover the whole year. Assuming it sold over a million in the whole of the year, otherwise we'll probably never know the real sales like with A Link Between Worlds. In any case, it's definitely over 2m because it was at 2.03m last March.

EDIT: G*******t why doesn't embedding links work anymore on this site? Anyway you can probably guess where the 2.03 is from so whatever. :-|

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

LipeJJ said:

No info on Majora's, but I'm sure it's over 2m as well.

I was also hoping to see some sales for Majora's Mask, but I guess we'll have to wait until the next report which will cover the whole year. Assuming it sold over a million in the whole of the year, otherwise we'll probably never know the real sales like with A Link Between Worlds. In any case, it's definitely over 2m because it was at 2.03m https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/1505last March.

Damn! Sales have slowed down, but I still believe it can reach 3m (including digital). That is, if NIntendo keeps printing new copies.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

RolStoppable said:

5.88m 3DSes shipped - 1.72m to go to meet the forecast of 7.6m. Not doable.

With 2DS releasing for the first time in Japan and the great bundles of the 20th anniversary of Pokemon WW and Fire Emblem Fates in NA I think the 3DS can reach it´s forecast :)

boypita said:
RolStoppable said:

5.88m 3DSes shipped - 1.72m to go to meet the forecast of 7.6m. Not doable.

With 2DS releasing for the first time in Japan and the great bundles of the 20th anniversary of Pokemon WW and Fire Emblem Fates in NA I think the 3DS can reach it´s forecast :)

Not going to happen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RolStoppable said:

EDIT: What was the forecast for profit? ~$400m? They already have about as much, so the fourth quarter would have to be negative to make them miss the forecast.

4th quarter was negative last year, so it doesn't seem to unlikely that it will be this year as well.

Do software sales include digital?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).