By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much will Street Fighter V sell lifetime WW own PS4?

JRPGfan said:
Nem said:
I am expecting it to sell less than SFIV. Not only because there seems to be less hype and its only in one platform but because the launch version is very poor is roster size and modes compared to its predecessor.

Honestly the hype for SF hasnt ever been higher I think.

It looks alot better gameplay mechanically than SF4 did... and the fact that they arnt fracktureing their userbase with all these weird versions of the same game (like SF4 did) is a huge plus. Roster size doesnt need to be insane, actually I think its best it starts out smaller and grows as people learn the differnt characters.

It makes balanceing alot easier, and is healthlier overall for the community, by starting small and growing.

Its easier to get into that way (less to learn and master earlier on => more accessability by casuals).

I think it ends up selling more than SF4 did.

I dont think it does.

It doesn't have that returning old franchise charisma anymore, it doesn't have that misterious painting art style and the first time 2D fighter as a 3D game impact, it's had several beta's where everything has been seen already and harcore players are saying its too easy.

For the casual gamer the roster size and the game modes are important. Alot of people buy MK for the story mode and SFV's won't be there at launch. This is basically a beta release. Not to mention the game releases in 2 weeks and we have seen no advertisement or hype building from capcom with trailers. The ones they did do say: cool feature to be released at a much later time. Finance our beta pls!

So, i can see how capcom doesnt predict more than 2m for the launch month. It seems realistic to me.

I myself won't be buying it until much later in the year, when its probably cheaper and will include the features that should've been out at launch. For pro gamers, getting it now is a must though.

Around the Network

I don't get why people are still thinking there will be other iterations of the game when Capcom have flat out said this will not happen. Street Fighter V will be updated via DLC and updates. They've clarified this in great detail several times.

According to Chartz 360 & Ps3 combined did around 7 million. This doesn't include editions which followed and I won't include them as many people traded the old for the new.

Unless a lot of the 360 players have bought a PS4, the I can't see it selling more than 7 million copies unless the fanbase has grown and there are a lot of Pc players who buy it too.

I think 2 million on PS4 & PC by end of March is a bit high unless the bundles sell well. SF4 on Ps3 according to Chartz did just a bit over a million in 6 weeks.

I think 5 million LTD including bundles, and PC is possible. 4 on PS4 and 1 on Pc.

Nem said:
JRPGfan said:
Nem said:
I am expecting it to sell less than SFIV. Not only because there seems to be less hype and its only in one platform but because the launch version is very poor is roster size and modes compared to its predecessor.

Honestly the hype for SF hasnt ever been higher I think.

It looks alot better gameplay mechanically than SF4 did... and the fact that they arnt fracktureing their userbase with all these weird versions of the same game (like SF4 did) is a huge plus. Roster size doesnt need to be insane, actually I think its best it starts out smaller and grows as people learn the differnt characters.

It makes balanceing alot easier, and is healthlier overall for the community, by starting small and growing.

Its easier to get into that way (less to learn and master earlier on => more accessability by casuals).

I think it ends up selling more than SF4 did.

I dont think it does.

It doesn't have that returning old franchise charisma anymore, it doesn't have that misterious painting art style and the first time 2D fighter as a 3D game impact, it's had several beta's where everything has been seen already and harcore players are saying its too easy.

For the casual gamer the roster size and the game modes are important. Alot of people buy MK for the story mode and SFV's won't be there at launch. This is basically a beta release. Not to mention the game releases in 2 weeks and we have seen no advertisement or hype building from capcom with trailers. The ones they did do say: cool feature to be released at a much later time. Finance our beta pls!

So, i can see how capcom doesnt predict more than 2m for the launch month. It seems realistic to me.

I myself won't be buying it until much later in the year, when its probably cheaper and will include the features that should've been out at launch. For pro gamers, getting it now is a must though.

I was thinking of doing the same, but I played the beta that ran over the weekend and they have a snippet of the character story mode - it was pretty good! That along with not losing fight money when you play online changed me from waiting to buying it at launch. I'm going to play through the character stories, earn fight money and then play through the story mode when it releases a month or so later. Hopefully that will help towards having enough money to unlock new players when they arrive. 

Maybe 3 millions.

Fei-Hung said:
I don't get why people are still thinking there will be other iterations of the game when Capcom have flat out said this will not happen. Street Fighter V will be updated via DLC and updates. They've clarified this in great detail several times.

According to Chartz 360 & Ps3 combined did around 7 million. This doesn't include editions which followed and I won't include them as many people traded the old for the new.

Unless a lot of the 360 players have bought a PS4, the I can't see it selling more than 7 million copies unless the fanbase has grown and there are a lot of Pc players who buy it too.

I think 2 million on PS4 & PC by end of March is a bit high unless the bundles sell well. SF4 on Ps3 according to Chartz did just a bit over a million in 6 weeks.

I think 5 million LTD including bundles, and PC is possible. 4 on PS4 and 1 on Pc.

I think Super Street Fighter V can definitely happen. With SF4 the playerbase was divided with the new releases and became smaller and smaller as new releases kept coming. This is not the case anymore and the original will get all updates but after 2-3 years there will be so much "new" content that a new player will be overwhelmed with all unlockable content. So why not release Super Street Fighter V which would give all the DLC characters, colors, stages without grinding, like a GOTY edition. Capcom comment just means players won't need to buy another version but it doesn't mean there can't be upgraded versions.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

5m

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

10 million. Street fighter is big right now and so is the PS4.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

2.5 million for the vanilla version

5.3million, the 'Super' Editions later to add to that abit.

Hmm, pie.

It won't outsell SF II on SNES, that's for sure.

Maybe 4-5 million at retail.