By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - CW's Supernatural |OT|

As long as they can create compelling storylines for the entire season, I'm always up for more Supernatural. There were some pretty great episodes this season, some harkening back to the great fifth season, although I feel the season ended on a bit of a letdown. I do question if Chuck or Amara will come back in future episodes.

Around the Network

Comic Con (Season 12 Spoilers)

- Season 12’s family theme will also be explored via Crowley and Rowena. As for what the power-hungry witch is after next season, Dabb shared, “She’s gone in a different direction… She’s taking a step back [and asking herself], ‘Is this something I really want to do?'” But of course, “she gets drawn back into” in the mayhem. Meanwhile, Crowley wants “revenge” against Lucifer for humiliating him.

- On the topic of how you follow up a season featuring God and The Darkness, EP Robert Singer said, “We can’t top all that, so we’re going to try to get back to basics a little bit, tell smaller stories. Some good old-fashioned horror stories.”

- We find out more about the Men of Letters and their worldwide society,” Padalecki previewed. “We’ll learn more about what [the British chapter] wants for themselves and from Sam and Dean."

- “Cas is back to a little bit Cas from Season 4,” Collins revealed. “He’s got much of his mojo, not all of it. I think his wings are still broken. He’s angry. He’s in a fighting spirit. He’s after Lucifer.”

- Sheriff Jody, Donna, Claire, Alex and Crowley’s son Gavin will all be back.

- 'Supernatural' Casts Rick Springfield as New Lucifer

Source

Not really excited about Lucifer coming back as yet another person, It makes sense but Mark was the best out of the lot of them, I wish they'd just come up with some shitty excuse as to why he's back to the original vessel xD

I feel like the series should have ended with the fifth season. After that it felt mostly like fan-service and got pretty repetitive. A lot of the mystery and intrigue ended there. I watched it all the way through the eighth season. Has the series gotten good again after that? (Note: I am not trying to rain on anybody's parade, just wanted to know if it is worth watching the seasons I missed, considering my sentiment about seasons six-eight.)

sc94597 said:
I feel like the series should have ended with the fifth season. After that it felt mostly like fan-service and got pretty repetitive. A lot of the mystery and intrigue ended there. I watched it all the way through the eighth season. Has the series gotten good again after that? (Note: I am not trying to rain on anybody's parade, just wanted to know if it is worth watching the seasons I missed, considering my sentiment about seasons six-eight.)

Depends. Was the eighth season the leviathan one? If so, then yeah it has definitely been better since then
Otherwise the overall plot hasn't really got that much better but the monster of the week episodes are still really good

sc94597 said:

Rush through Season 9 and 10, get to 11 to try get into one last time, a lot of opinions I've read on Season 11 seem to place it just below Season 5 and I agree with that, it had some really great episodes (main and filler) and one of the best in the series.

Ending of Season 11 seems mixed and the new Showrunner acknowledged it but I personally enjoyed it.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
sc94597 said:

Rush through Season 9 and 10, get to 11 to try get into one last time, a lot of opinions I've read on Season 11 seem to place it just below Season 5 and I agree with that, it had some really great episodes (main and filler) and one of the best in the series.

Ending of Season 11 seems mixed and the new Showrunner acknowledged it but I personally enjoyed it.

Okay thanks for the advice. I'll try. :)

“Supernatural” May End On Episode 300 & Season 12 Promo

“If we don’t make it to 300, I think Ackles and I will both be truly bummed. When we get to 300, I think Ackles and I will think it might be time to say bye. There’s a chance that changes, but we certainly do not take it for granted that we’re going to make it to 300,” Padalecki says according to a quote from EW.

Season 12 Promo in the link.

Source

Castiel Gets Standalone Episode in 'Supernatural’ Season 12

Collins will star in an episode dedicated strictly in telling his character’s story. Episode 12 will reveal some secrets from Castiel’s journey that Dean, Sam and the viewers were not aware of.

Source

Andrew Dabb Previews Episode 6

"[Pretty Little Liars' Kara] Royster will play Alicia, a fellow hunter who crosses paths with Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) in episode six of the upcoming season," Variety teased. "Raised by a witch, Alicia and her brother Max now hunt the things that go bump in the night."

"In episode 6 we're going to see something we've essentially never seen before, which is a hunter's wake. We're going to get some ideas in terms of how [Sam and Dean] are viewed by other hunters, how they view other hunters. Again, it's all about building on this world that we have talked about for many years and we explored at some points with the Roadhouse and things like that, but it's not something that we've dived heavily into for a while."

Source

Supernatural Brings Back Adam Rose

The Veronica Mars vet previously appeared in the Season 8 episode “Everybody Hates Hitler” as the grandson of a member of the Judah Initiative, the secret group of rabbis formed to fight the Thule Society. Rose’s character reappears in this season’s fifth episode, which, not so coincidentally, also features the return of the Thule Society.

“[They] want to enact their master plan and bring back Hitler,” showrunner Andrew Dabb previously teased to TVLine. “Sam and Dean are going to fight Hitler, and that’s opening up some interesting doors for us in terms of just doing some more crazy stuff.”

Source

Season 12 starts tonight lads!

WoodenPints said:

Where'd you come from? Didn't know you watched

I loved S11 but I don't know what to expect from S12 so I'm cautiously optimistic, hopefully it's another good season.

Need to update the OP with Season 12 cast images.

Ryuu96 said:
WoodenPints said:

Where'd you come from? Didn't know you watched

I loved S11 but I don't know what to expect from S12 so I'm cautiously optimistic, hopefully it's another good season.

Need to update the OP with Season 12 cast images.

I got an email reminder that it starts back tonight and saw the thread in your sig :)

Yea I've watched it for quite some time i originally bought season 1+2 on DVD and power watched them and been watching  ever since :)