By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Curious About Final Fantasy Franchise. Where to Start?

If you are limited to PS4, i would recommend starting with FF7 and then moving to FFX. After that go to XV. You can skip the rest. The only other one that is great and you will miss is FFIX, but i'm sure you will get the chance to play it eventually. The rest is mostly outdated or crap.

Around the Network

It depends on what systems you have available. If you have PC I'd tell you to start with XIII. Get the crap outta the way first. Then I'd go with 1,7, 10, 12, 9, 6, and then 4.

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:
Ka-pi96 said:

8 is my fave, doesn't mean 9 isn't very very close though. Maybe when the Steam version finally gets released and I play it again it may even move up the rankings

o: I see. Well, as it stands, FF6 is still my all time fav FF xD

I bought the Steam version of 6 awhile ago, still need to play it. Those ancient graphics are kinda putting me off though. Kinda surprised that one never got a 3D remake like 4 did.

Haha, that's how I felt about FF7 xD Those blocky and popeye models were very off putting for me. I put the game down when I tried playing it. It was a bit of an eyesore to me. I do wanna try playing it some day, since many people say it's their personal fav O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BasilZero said:
StarOcean said:

The iOS ports are handled really well and are very clear and beautiful. Get them if you dont mind their price

Recommend this option.

I also recommend playing FF Record Keeper if you want something to play that doesnt really require a lot of attention or that much grinding since its time base (dont get hooked on it in terms of paying microtransactions cause you can easily get everything you need without paying a single penny): Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

I think I'll get the iOS ports even though I've got the games on consoles and on PC ;p.

I have Final Fantasy I on my iPhone that I play from time to time - I should honestly give a serious playthrough on it so I can say I "completed" a mobile game XD - but Record Keeper is sooo cool though n_n.

Cool, I'm surprised that the iOS ports are allegedly so well done. I may pick up a few of them somewhere down the line. Thanks!