By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [RUMOUR] Bandai Namco working on NX, Smash Bros in work for it (most likely Smash 4 port)

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Let me see if I understand, you think nintendo can only start a new smash development after dlc for the previous is done? Sakurai isn't required either, at least not as the director.

Yes, I can compare melee time development with recent games, nintendo needed around 2 and a half years on smash 4, that's just a little more than melee's 2 years. what does smash brawl and 4 time difference with predecessors have to do with anything? what matter is how long it took to develop them.

Finally, a port is the opposite of logic.

No, I dont think they can start on a new Smash devolpment only  after DLC is finished, but I dont think they will suport game so long with DLCs if they were devolping new game in same time.

It not only about time development, you can see time difference between last 3 Smash games that were launch, that will tell something, Nintendo does not release games like Smash and Mario Kart only 3 years after previous game.

If we cant see new Smash game before 2019, port of previous game with all DLC included is very logical for launch. Also you can see that you are probably only person who think this is a new Smash game, that says something.

1. Why not?

2. Yes, it tells something, that nintendo starts working on smash as soon as a new console is in the works or close to release. The time difference between melee and brawl/ brawl and smash 4 has a pretty obvious reason: as a launch title for GC, of course it would take long untill a new console. Brawl released in 2008 and wii took another 4 years to be replaced. Nothing to do with nintendo waiting x years to make a new smash, just x years untill a new console.

3. A port makes no sense regardless of the situation but 2017 seems like the most we have to wait for a new smash. Nintendo can just rerelease the Wii U game with all the dlc for more wii u/ wii u's succesor owners to buy

1. Why would you support your current game so long and make it biggest game in series if you already working on new game!? No, Nintendo is not working on new Smash yet.

2. It far more logical to see what Nintendo done last few generations not with N64/GC versions. Fact Wii version is launched 7 years after GC version, Wii U version is launched 6 years after Wii version. Nintendo dont make new Smash games so fast after previous game.

3. Smash Bros 4 is biggest game in series with biggest rooster ever, we will not see new Smash Bros in long time so it has very sense to make port of Wii U version with all included DLC and make it launch title for NX. Again, you assuming that NX will have BC but that is not certain at all, and why they will make new variant of Wii U Smash game with all DLC when Wii U is almost dead and when they can just port game with all DLC and make it NX game!?

You have very strange opinions and logic, like you see you are probably only thing this Smash games i a new Smash game that will be released in 2017, that definitely tells you something.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Soundwave said:
They put way too much work and content into the game to have it enjoyed by such a tiny userbase. This just makes sense. I suggested a "Smash All-Stars" type thing where maybe Melee + Brawl could also be included with upgraded graphics, but Smash 4 alone would work too.

Mario Maker 2.0 will get similar treatment I think.

If I had to pick five games that should get remasters/ports, they'd be Mario Maker (too much stuff left to add), Smash (the roster would go to waste), Zelda U, Xenoblade X (if only to add dual audio) and Splatoon (depending on how long they plan on waiting before Splatoon 2).  I'd add Mario Kart but I figure the development cycle for the series is short enough and there's so much that they could add to the next iteration that they'd just go straight to 9.

I am not sure about Mario Maker because it uses heavy gamepad, maybe if NX also has some kind controller with screen or using NX handheld like controller for home console.

For me most obvious 3 Wii U game that will be ported to NX are Zelda U, Smash Bros. 4 and Xenoblade X. All those game are huge projects and we want see new games for couple of years definitely.

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

No, I dont think they can start on a new Smash devolpment only  after DLC is finished, but I dont think they will suport game so long with DLCs if they were devolping new game in same time.

It not only about time development, you can see time difference between last 3 Smash games that were launch, that will tell something, Nintendo does not release games like Smash and Mario Kart only 3 years after previous game.

If we cant see new Smash game before 2019, port of previous game with all DLC included is very logical for launch. Also you can see that you are probably only person who think this is a new Smash game, that says something.

1. Why not?

2. Yes, it tells something, that nintendo starts working on smash as soon as a new console is in the works or close to release. The time difference between melee and brawl/ brawl and smash 4 has a pretty obvious reason: as a launch title for GC, of course it would take long untill a new console. Brawl released in 2008 and wii took another 4 years to be replaced. Nothing to do with nintendo waiting x years to make a new smash, just x years untill a new console.

3. A port makes no sense regardless of the situation but 2017 seems like the most we have to wait for a new smash. Nintendo can just rerelease the Wii U game with all the dlc for more wii u/ wii u's succesor owners to buy

1. Why would you support your current game so long and make it biggest game in series if you already working on new game!? No, Nintendo is not working on new Smash yet.

2. It far more logical to see what Nintendo done last few generations not with N64/GC versions. Fact Wii version is launched 7 years after GC version, Wii U version is launched 6 years after Wii version. Nintendo dont make new Smash games so fast after previous game.

3. Smash Bros 4 is biggest game in series with biggest rooster ever, we will not see new Smash Bros in long time so it has very sense to make port of Wii U version with all included DLC and make it launch title for NX. Again, you assuming that NX will have BC but that is not certain at all, and why they will make new variant of Wii U Smash game with all DLC when Wii U is almost dead and when they can just port game with all DLC and make it NX game!?

You have very strange opinions and logic, like you see you are probably only thing this Smash games i a new Smash game that will be released in 2017, that definitely tells you something.

1. You are completely, 100% wrong. And you do think nintendo won't start on a new game because they're still making dlc for the previous, terrible thinking.

2. I can't see how you manage to spin that. Smash bros starts getting worked on with every new console, nothing to do with how long it's been since the last.

3. Yes, it's the biggest roster, so what? We won't wait long for a new smash. It makes no sense to port any wii u game to wii u's successor that isn't like the new play control series from wii.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

1. Why not?

1. You are completely, 100% wrong. And you do think nintendo won't start on a new game because they're still making dlc for the previous, terrible thinking.

2. I can't see how you manage to spin that. Smash bros starts getting worked on with every new console, nothing to do with how long it's been since the last.

3. Yes, it's the biggest roster, so what? We won't wait long for a new smash. It makes no sense to port any wii u game to wii u's successor that isn't like the new play control series from wii.

1. No I am not wrong.

2. I didnt spin nothing, I gave you pure facts.

3. Like wrote, biggest Smash game ever and we want see new game for couple of years, it makes very sense to port it to NX (same like Zelda), for everybody on this thread except probably you, so who is having more sense you or almost everybody else here!?

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

1. No I am not wrong.

3. Like wrote, biggest Smash game ever and we want see new game for couple of years, it makes very sense to port it to NX (same like Zelda), for everybody on this thread except probably you, so who is having more sense you or almost everybody else here!?

You're the one saying nintendo won't start a new smash development untill they are done with dlc for the previous one, wich can't be more wrong.

Pure facts are that nintendo starts a new smash with every new console.

Again, it's the biggest smash ever, SO WHAT? "we want see new game for couple of years" what is that sentence supposed to mean? Makes no sense to port a game that's already there when a simple rerelease with all content gets the job done. Not only you're lying about everybody here agreeing with you, that wouldn't be an argument if true. The majority believing something doesn't bear relevance to how right or wrong something is.

Around the Network

Ridge Racer....

Riiiidge Raaaacccer!!!!!!

Magnus said:
Pavolink said:
Magnus said:
Great Nintendo is f*cking Wii U owners again.

How so?

People that buy Smash on NX will get all DLC free while people who bought the Wii U or 3DS versions have to double dip or buy all the DLC.

I agree with this. You had to paid a lot to get the same (or even less) content that the people who will buy the NX version. And honestly, I can't find a single argument to defend, but still believe it is a smart bussiness move (from Nintendo's pov, of course).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

1. No I am not wrong.

You're the one saying nintendo won't start a new smash development untill they are done with dlc for the previous one, wich can't be more wrong.

Again, it's the biggest smash ever, SO WHAT? "we want see new game for couple of years" what is that sentence supposed to mean? Makes no sense to port a game that's already there when a simple rerelease with all content gets the job done. Not only you're lying about everybody here agreeing with you, that wouldn't be an argument if true. The majority believing something doesn't bear relevance to how right or wrong something is.

-Like I wrote, "Why would you support your current game so long and make it biggest game in series if you already working on new game!? No, Nintendo is not working on new Smash yet."

-On Wii we had Smash Bros. 2 year after launch of Wii, on Wii U we had Smash also two years after Wii U launch, and now you expecting we will have launch Smash launch title on NX even this year will be only 2 years after previous game or next year only 3 years after previous game. It doesnt make any sense.

-I already wrote,  you just need to read "biggest Smash game ever and we want see new game for couple of years, it makes very sense to port it to NX (same like Zelda), for everybody on this thread except probably you, so who is having more sense you or almost everybody else here!?"

And no, I dont lying at all, go through thread and see how many people think that this a is a new game and how many people thinks its a Wii U port. No need to lie yourself.

I'm okay with it as long as the GameCube adapter works.
It would be a good way to keep Smash 4 growing especially since it's way too early for another Smash game.

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

-Like I wrote, "Why would you support your current game so long and make it biggest game in series if you already working on new game!? No, Nintendo is not working on new Smash yet."

-On Wii we had Smash Bros. 2 year after launch of Wii, on Wii U we had Smash also two years after Wii U launch, and now you expecting we will have launch Smash launch title on NX even this year will be only 2 years after previous game or next year only 3 years after previous game. It doesnt make any sense.

-I already wrote,  you just need to read "biggest Smash game ever and we want see new game for couple of years, it makes very sense to port it to NX (same like Zelda), for everybody on this thread except probably you, so who is having more sense you or almost everybody else here!?"

And no, I dont lying at all, go through thread and see how many people think that this a is a new game and how many people thinks its a Wii U port. No need to lie yourself.

Yet AGAIN, WHY NOT? Making a few dlc for one gave has no relation with developing a new one.

On wii and 3ds/wii u, smash bros didn't take 3 years to develop. I do not think we will see smash bros at launch but it is totally posible since they had 2 years, it's just more probable for a new smash to release late 2017. For you it might not make sense but numbers and economics don't lie.

You probably wrote wrong, I suppose your "we want see new game for couple of years" was meant as "we WON'T see new game for next couple years". In that case, it's just your wishful thinking that a new smash won't come anytime soon, because nothing is stoping it from happening. A port for a game that's already there will always remain as a terrible and redundant option.

I don't even need to go through half of the first page to find someone agreeing with me.