By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [RUMOUR] Bandai Namco working on NX, Smash Bros in work for it (most likely Smash 4 port)

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont think so they will work so fast on new Smash Bros game after SB4, they basically support game with DLC from launch and Sakurai said he wants break from Smash. Also you cant compare development and release of Smash for N64/GC and development and release of recent Smash games, Smash GC in 2001, Smash Wii 2006. and Smash Bros 4 in 2014, so I definitely not seeing new Smash before 2019.

So if this rumor is true, this Smash is a port of Wii U game, it make logical with all the fact. Also this probably means no BC for NX.

Let me see if I understand, you think nintendo can only start a new smash development after dlc for the previous is done? Sakurai isn't required either, at least not as the director.

Yes, I can compare melee time development with recent games, nintendo needed around 2 and a half years on smash 4, that's just a little more than melee's 2 years. what does smash brawl and 4 time difference with predecessors have to do with anything? what matter is how long it took to develop them.

Finally, a port is the opposite of logic.

No, I dont think they can start on a new Smash devolpment only  after DLC is finished, but I dont think they will suport game so long with DLCs if they were devolping new game in same time.

It not only about time development, you can see time difference between last 3 Smash games that were launch, that will tell something, Nintendo does not release games like Smash and Mario Kart only 3 years after previous game.

If we cant see new Smash game before 2019, port of previous game with all DLC included is very logical for launch. Also you can see that you are probably only person who think this is a new Smash game, that says something.

Around the Network

Pac-Man arcade version launching for the NX.

My money is on a Super Smash Bros. Melee port. The game keeps growing and growing despite the fact that the discs and general Gamecube equipment stopped being manufactured years ago. Earlier this month we saw a grassroots tournament (in the form of Genesis 3) with over 1,800 entrants reaching 117,000 viewers on Twitch. On top of this, the game will once again be featured on Championship Sunday at Evolution, 15 years after release.

The potential that this game holds simply cannot be overlooked at this point.

If this is true, does this mean the NX wont have BC?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Magnus said:
Great Nintendo is f*cking Wii U owners again.

How so?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
think-man said:
If NX has a trophy system ill buy it lol I know that spunds terrible but I can't help it lmao 😂 😂

A good few million would probably buy it just for that as well.

Honestly, Nintendo should establish their own achievement system if only to give an added incentive for people to buy and replay old games from their virtual console.

Jranation said:

Not related, after all, Twilight Princess was ported on Wii even if it was backward compatible.

Edwardooo said:
Jranation said:

Not related, after all, Twilight Princess was ported on Wii even if it was backward compatible.

Well...... If it does have BC, It would mean that the Wii Remote, Wii U Gamepad and Pro Controller would still continue on? Unless they have something else which replaces these....... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Edwardooo said:
Jranation said:

Well...... If it does have BC, It would mean that the Wii Remote, Wii U Gamepad and Pro Controller would still continue on? Unless they have something else which replaces these....... 

Wii remote and Pro Controller are a safe bet for NX, they will probably also be compatible.

As for the Wii U gamepad, we'll see.

They put way too much work and content into the game to have it enjoyed by such a tiny userbase. This just makes sense. I suggested a "Smash All-Stars" type thing where maybe Melee + Brawl could also be included with upgraded graphics, but Smash 4 alone would work too.

Mario Maker 2.0 will get similar treatment I think.