By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why everyone want a PS4, although Xbox one is equipollent?

Ka-pi96 said:

No, they really aren't.

PS4 has better exclusives. It has significantly more upcoming exclusives too (3rd party as well as 1st)
Playstation has significantly better brand awareness than Xbox in 99% of the world
PS4 is slightly more powerful
Sony are more known for supporting their consoles
Microsoft's pre launch debacle really hurt them
PS4 has the momentum. It has sold more already so when people want to get a console they can play MP with their friends on chances are their friends have a PS4 so that's what they'll get
A lot of people like diversity. Kinda goes back to the exclusives point, but Playstation has much more diversity in genres than Xbox does and that gap is still growing
In some parts of the world (mainland Europe for example) PS3 vastly outsold PS4 so keeping with the same comapny and using the same account is the easier route for a lot of those people
Nostalgia. People remember how awesome the PS1/2 were and are being reminded of that with PS4. The original Xbox doesn't have anywhere near the level of nostalgia the PS1/2 do and even if it did it would probably only be in the US
Better advertising. Really don't see much Xbox advertising compared to Playstation, particularly in Europe. Playstation is advertised every time Champions League football is played, Xbox isn't, that's a huge difference!

Perfect post!

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Ony watch it if you have a thick skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bduPgolyu-I

*Open Link*

*Notice that is Crap Gamer youtube channel*

*Closes Link*

That guy is so delusional that i wonder if he actually has a mental condition.

The sad thing is that people actually follows him and believe what he says.

My skin is not thick enough to watch his stuff

Crapgamer, the Donald Trump of video games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

playstation is a bigger brand than xbox.

I think it would be more interesting to discuss why millions of people have bought X1 despite PS4 being more powerful with more games.

I am an XBox One and Wii U player, and my opinion is this: It's the popular thing to do. No joke. My conclusion comes from the fact that The Last of Us was an amazing exclusive built for the Playstation, and it was (IS, I guess) amidst the "Zombies are Awesome!" craze that the world is currently in. So that sold many PS3s and subsequently, I think people bought PS4 as their system of choice because they were then accustomed to and loyal to Playstation. Now here is my issue with that and the part that I do not understand: The Playstation 4 is not the system of choice if you are looking for the best online playing network, nor the more competitive online multiplayer network. And this is from experience, several times have I played online on PS4 and not only are the online players not as skilled as on my XBox One, but I notice that the lag is much more prevalent. I SPANK PS4 players in online Destiny, or even online COD because I am used to the competitiveness of the XBox One players.

This should SELL the XBox One in my opinion, because the XBox brand was and is built on multiplayer and multiplayer games such as Gears of War, and Halo; they easily have the better players' network. Yet, PS4 is the big seller, and WHAT game franchise is the best seller every freaking iteration that releases? Call of Duty! Wait, what!? This tells me that people buy Playstation for reasons other than the exclusives, other than the network, other than the players. They buy it because it is the hip thing to do right now, and that's that. This is from observation, I mean, why buy a console that you want to play tons of multiplayer on that is not built for that? Their network is constantly being infiltrated with lots of credit card info and personal info stolen, and it is overall not as stable as XBox's. So what's the draw? I still am of the belief that it is just because it is the thing to do, it is a fad right now, and all of their friends have it, so they need it. It has nothing to do with the games, otherwise the exclusives would be the best sellers and highest frequency played, not Call of Duty and Battlefield. I think players are just enamored with an ideal that PS4 is the place to be, but to me, it's really not.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
I think it would be more interesting to discuss why millions of people have bought X1 despite PS4 being more powerful with more games.

I makes you wonder why that isn't discussed. I guess it's because the PS4 owners aren't quite so insecure?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
KiigelHeart said:

I makes you wonder why that isn't discussed. I guess it's because the PS4 owners aren't quite so insecure?

I don't get it, what does that have to do with insecurity and why would PS4 owners (or owners of other consoles alike) be insecure?

KiigelHeart said:

I don't get it, what does that have to do with insecurity and why would PS4 owners (or owners of other consoles alike) be insecure?

Well it's two thing: Insecurity and denial. There is no other interpretation for why this topic isn't put to bed yet. It's such an easy question to answer and will (and has) received exactly the same answers every time, so why ask again? For some reason some people still don't know the truth ... or they're pretending it doesn't exist. Why is the media and forums still running with the false narrative when it's clear it is false? The answer has to be that PS4 owners/fans haven't felt the need to post articles/threads as much as XB1 fans have. It' always (and I mean always) PS4 fans who end up having to redress the BS. It then gets repackages as PS4 fans are obsessed with resolution.

It's just that some people can't accept the truth. We even had people denying that the press and XB1 fans were saying 'it's all about Christmas' as soon as it became apparent that the PS4 was going to sell better in Q4.

The PS5 Exists. 

PS4 is the gamer's investment console.
It is clearly dominating sales, and was from the getgo.

In any generation, if a console is clearly pulling away from the pack, even so far as the ps4 is currently doing (similarly to ps2) then it creates a spiral of success in the upcoming near future.

Fewer multiplats get developed. More is put into exclusives. This increases sales and customer preference. Devs then support the console more. They switch their base development to that console, meaning that performance on the alternate consoles suffer. This continues to increase the imbalance. Someone who buys a ps4 is buying it because they understand the potential of the console.

in short; while the consoles may appear equipolent now, within a couple years it will become extremely clear that they are not.

kurasakiichimaru said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
KungKras said:
equipollent?

e·qui·pol·lent
ˌēkwəˈpälənt,ˌekwə-/
archaic
adjective

1. 1.
    equal or equivalent in power, effect, or significance.
noun

1. 1.
    a thing that has equal or equivalent power, effect, or significance.

With that definition then clearly a nope.

Given the fairly strange wording in the OP message I would think that he took his native German and google translated a question. While the meaning of the term is correct... it was mostly used in Bible studies and is an archaic word, i.e. it is completely obselete.

Really thought if that word is the only thing you think is strange about the OP actually read what he wrote, don't read what you think the words are.... actually look at the words and the line breaks, it's completely mixed up. The Google translate is strong with OP.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive