By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why everyone want a PS4, although Xbox one is equipollent?

Easy

1. 360's YLOD had many folks have to buy a second, or even third 360, that pissed alot off.

2. DRM policies they had in place at launch.

3. $100 bucks more at launch.

4. PS3  ended really strong with many exclusives while 360 really didn't at end of 7th generation.

5. PS4 being a slightly better place to play 3rd parties.

6. Strong 3rd party support with COD, SW Battlefront, Destiny.

7. If what your friends are using your prob going to get the same thing.

8. A PS always sells more globally than a xbox.

9. Hype train.

10. A longer than usual life span of last generaton. 8 years made folks hungry for new system, why both XB1 and PS4 are doing so much better than their counterparts.

Around the Network

People ask why the PS4 is selling better and when we tell them, they deny it ... 6 months later they ask people why the PS4 is selling better and when we tell them again, they deny it ... 1 year later they ask people why the PS4 is selling better and when we tell them, they deny it ... 2 years later they ask why is the PS4 selling better and when we tell them they deny it ... 3 years later they're still baffled.

It's getting boring now. People need to address the denial and stop asking questions with obvious answers.

The PS5 Exists. 

They announced FF VII REMAKE, and the thing has way better versions of big blockbusters like MGS V / STARWARS/ and DESTINY

mM

Right now I can't think of one reason to buy an Xbox One rather than a PS4. They are of course very similar, but isn't the PS4 just slightly better in every department really.

When does the VR come out for Xbox one? Please don't pretend Oculus is doing the same thing for X1 that VR is doing on Sony.

Around the Network
Lrdfancypants said:
slab_of_bacon said:
People can be quite subjective when it comes to platforms. But the main things I see are what games are available and what console one's friend owns. With local multiplayer disappearing, many are looking to connect online so console differentiation between friends is going down as well.

Don't understand your meaning.  Are you trying to say people who buy a ps4 do so based on mostly personal feelings or (the dreaded and overused hype phrase) and can't choose a ps4 objectively (in other words based in fact).

That's very insulting  

Point in case.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

-japanese third part support
-more powerful
-horrible launch for the Xbox One
-better indie support

there are many factors

GribbleGrunger said:

People ask why the PS4 is selling better and when we tell them, they deny it ... 6 months later they ask people why the PS4 is selling better and when we tell them again, they deny it ... 1 year later they ask people why the PS4 is selling better and when we tell them, they deny it ... 2 years later they ask why is the PS4 selling better and when we tell them they deny it ... 3 years later they're still baffled.

It's getting boring now. You need to address the denial and stop asking questions with obvious answers.

This sums up many comment board threads across the interwebz   

The thing I find most fascinating is the concern with what others purchase and the way people twist themselves into knots to try and explain another persons reasons.  When it can be simply explained by : that person bought something that they thought provided enough value for the purchase asking price.  

I don't really get worked up when I choose a product that others don't choose.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

1. more games
2. better games
3. games arrive first
4. games have more content
5. games perform better
6. better OS
7. other people have ps4s so you'll have someone to play with
8. your friends have ps4s so you'll have access to their games
9 sony's console reputation is better
10. uncharted 4

slab_of_bacon said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Don't understand your meaning.  Are you trying to say people who buy a ps4 do so based on mostly personal feelings or (the dreaded and overused hype phrase) and can't choose a ps4 objectively (in other words based in fact).

That's very insulting  

Point in case

Thanks! I appreciate that.  I wasn't really trying to make a point by asking a question. However, I'll accept your compliment graciously  

edit: It is rude of me not to say anything after accepting.  My apologies  

I'd like to start off by saying this is very unexpected.  I'd like to thank the fans because without them I wouldn't be where I am and definitely wouldn't be accepting the point making award you so deftly conceded to me on a simple inquiry.  I'd like to thank my manager and everyone who supported and believed in me when no one else would.  Lastly, I'd like to thank my mother and father for their love and continued support throughout even the toughest of times.  I'm honored and humbly accept this amazing award!   

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....