By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefront Current Online player count stats (shocking)

Origin exclusive, no server browser, no content, no voice chat, no depth. No surprise PC gamers have moved on.

Around the Network

I feel you, but it's not that shocking anymore.

Games are selling much, much, (did I say much?) better on consoles than on PC. Of course there are a few exceptions.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LudicrousSpeed said:
Origin exclusive, no server browser, no content, no voice chat, no depth. No surprise PC gamers have moved on.

Pretty much explains the end result. The focus on cheating though is also telling, even after explanations that every single online game isn't always like that.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

OneKartVita said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well... calm down.

People that enjoy those style of games are primarily on consoles.

I'm legit shook because games like battlefront and cod used to have a much higher percentage of their base on pc.  

Well online population numbers are down on consoles as well.

I guess you can say that online gaming bubble popped. Still plenty of people playing online games, but maybe people spend less time doing it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

@chazore I didn't say it had a monster percentage just a lot more than it does now with certain titles.

And if you haven't got bf4 it's well worth it. You can get it dirt cheap with premium in most sales now. Go for it if you like modern shooters.

@the other guy: Yeah I head cheaters on counter strike is a huge issue

Around the Network

That's because the PC as a platform is essentially dead. Lots of people like to play with numbers to pretend otherwise but consumers have moved on from the traditional PC and Windows. Windows isn't even the #1 operating system anymore.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

I don't know any PC users wasting their time with this one. I felt compelled to get it for the ps4 as some friends were and we'd loved the old battle fronts, but it was about as disappointing as I expected.

Game desperately needs a campaign mode and maybe something akin to the galactic conquest with coop available. We realized by the end of the first day that we were already bored with it.

OneKartVita said:
@chazore I didn't say it had a monster percentage just a lot more than it does now with certain titles.

And if you haven't got bf4 it's well worth it. You can get it dirt cheap with premium in most sales now. Go for it if you like modern shooters.

@the other guy: Yeah I head cheaters on counter strike is a huge issue

What certain titles are we talking here?. I ask ebcause TF2 and other shooters on PC I've mentioend still have bigger more healthier bases than SW BF and all of them have server browsers and actual attention paid to them.

I will be looking into BF4 soon though since reading the new SWBF patch fills me with some dread at seeing all the enrfs and hardly any buffs of any sort, that along with no server brwoser is enough to drive me back to going with Battlefield and Planetside 2 again. Also went back to give original battlefront II a try with a mroe up to date texture mod which seems to be giving more more value from there.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

PC gamers are smart.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

elektranine said:
That's because the PC as a platform is essentially dead. Lots of people like to play with numbers to pretend otherwise but consumers have moved on from the traditional PC and Windows. Windows isn't even the #1 operating system anymore.

This is a joke right?