By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefront Current Online player count stats (shocking)

During my gameplay of BF I have only run into a hacker once to which he was reported multiple times with EA emailing me into letting me know they took action (which hardly any other client does). The number count is so low because it's a very casual shooter without a server browser, gun balance is pretty borked and more people are sporting jump jets with bow casters, DL-44's with the bounty trait card. Did I forget to mention just how important a server browser is for a MP PC game?, because it really is regardless of thinking it's not.

However that doesn't mean PC gaming sucks with shooters, it just sucks with that one shooter due to a company not putting all that effort into making it decent. The game looks and sounds decent but the gameplay is lacking along with the balance and lack of features related to PC, when you lack those features you lack enough followers, same thing is happening with MKX now WB/NRS have decided to drop their mess.

Also CS:GO is more popular than BF is ever likely to be in that market, same with TF2 and Planetside 2. THe fact EA wants me to drop another £40 for DLC that's not even out yet with no server browser fills me with no confidence and just makes me want to go back to Planetside 2 insetad, at least in that game the world is persistent, battles are huge, weapons and vehicles are plenty with no need for star card crap.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

That PC number is crazy low. Oh, and speaking of Battlefront, I'm actually very impressed with the free content they have lined up. Not too shabby.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The game severely lacks substance and depth... Not only that, but it completely fails to grab that feel of the previous Battlefront games before that. The only thing this game has going for it is it's visuals... Which would be really awesome to see in a properly done Star Wars game.

It's failure is deserved.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Full of hackers lol i cant remember the last time a pc game i played wasn't ultimately ruined by hackers.

Normchacho said:
That PC number is crazy low. Oh, and speaking of Battlefront, I'm actually very impressed with the free content they have lined up. Not too shabby.

Yeah I'm going enjoy the free content in January,  February and March.  Then I'll take a look at the first expansion for the season pass and decide if I want to jump in.  

@chazore yeah I played planetside 2 on ps4. It's fun for a free game but the gameplay isn't as fun as battlefront.  

I actually like it though.  along with other FTP games on ps4 like Warframe and world of tanks they are good games but don't come close to retail shooters IMO. 

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Mr Puggsly said:
According to Steam Black Ops III has less than 5K playing right now with a peak of 10K. So is this REALLY shocking?

Yes I'm shocked bo3 is also that low.  

Well... calm down.

People that enjoy those style of games are primarily on consoles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
OneKartVita said:
Mr Puggsly said:
According to Steam Black Ops III has less than 5K playing right now with a peak of 10K. So is this REALLY shocking?

Yes I'm shocked bo3 is also that low.  

Well... calm down.

People that enjoy those style of games are primarily on consoles.

I'm legit shook because games like battlefront and cod used to have a much higher percentage of their base on pc.  

zero129 said:
Not suprising att all with it having no server browser and a season pass that costs as much as the game. I bet BF2 has more players on PC then this lol.

I'm actually thinking of going with BF4 since that's actually really cheap and recently got some decent free content and has more players lol.

think-man said:
Full of hackers lol i cant remember the last time a pc game i played wasn't ultimately ruined by hackers.

I can remember plenty in recent memory that weren't ruined by hackers, I guess our experiences differ but the online scene for every online PC game is never all the same.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

OneKartVita said:

I'm legit shook because games like battlefront and cod used to have a much higher percentage of their base on pc.  

I don't recall EA's PC BF having an absolutely monster of a userbase tbh, not when we saw the first userbase count, same with COD which for a time has been met with bad ports. Games like Battlefield, Planetside 2, TF2, CS:GO on the other hand paint a different picture and so will Overwatch.

OneKartVita said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Sigh PC used to be best platform for online FPS genre.

It still is for games like counter strike.  It's just consoles dominate this kind of shooter now. 

You have any idea how many people hack and cheat on counter strike (for the pc)?

My brother plays it alot and everyday he runs into multiple people, hes conviced cheat.

Says when you follow them around after death, you ll see them aim in the general direction of a target, but still be far off, yet make shots that hit people.

First person shooters on PC always ends up haveing alot of people that cheat.

think-man said:

Same with PVP MMOs.. its rather off putting.

Honestly why I like Final Fantasy 14 so much, it all PVE focused.

That way you end up with communities that work together, instead of individual that compete and cheat against one another.