By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefront Current Online player count stats (shocking)

pc gaming in general is dead. Just check the sales here on vg chartz. You cant pirate online games like battlefront, so they player count will always be super low.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

Around the Network
JNK said:
pc gaming in general is dead. Just check the sales here on vg chartz. You cant pirate online games like battlefront, so they player count will always be super low.

Are you seriously for real trying to be like that other guy in making the boldest of claims and relying on a site that doesn't 100% have full on PC sales data?.

Steam Spy is not the absolute end all to be all either.

Is it really me or is today where everyone who doesn't like the opposite platform gets to claim it's dead day or something?.

This thread took a rather different turn than expected.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Are you seriously for real trying to be like that other guy in making the boldest of claims and relying on a site that doesn't 100% have full on PC sales data?.

Steam Spy is not the absolute end all to be all either.

Is it really me or is today where everyone who doesn't like the opposite platform egts to claim it's dead day or something?.

sure all those dates were wrong and pc gaming is still relevant.

To be honest, pc gaming for actual aaa titles is almost dead. Witcher 3 sold more on ps4 then on pc. And that game is a tradional pc game with all previous installments were available on pc (nothing availavle on ps4), the ps4 was less then 2 years into the market as w3 got released (small market share) and alot more.

PC gaming might be relevant for Mobas and mmos, but aaa market is dead. I wouldnt be to suprised if modern games will skip pc in the future. Only reason games still get released on pc is probl the similar architecture between pcs and 8th gen consoles.

reasons:

high prieces

pirating

key stores

JNK said:

To be honest, pc gaming for actual aaa titles is almost dead. Witcher 3 sold more on ps4 then on pc. And that game is a tradional pc game with all previous installments were available on pc (nothing availavle on ps4), the ps4 was less then 2 years into the market as w3 got released (small market share) and alot more.

PC gaming might be relevant for Mobas and mmos, but aaa market is dead. I wouldnt be to suprised if modern games will skip pc in the future. Only reason games still get released on pc is probl the similar architecture between pcs and 8th gen consoles.

reasons:

high prieces

pirating

key stores

Witcher was also on Xbox 360 with II if you recall, it;s not really a PC title if it's been on another platform, same with III. Also who says Witcher III PC sales will drop off so suddenly?, last I checked PC sales can go on for years and years while console gen sales drop, especially once that platform is dropped because that happens every gen, sales like that factucally drop and stop, on PC that's not the case.

Skyrim sold more than last gen combined, same with XCOM EU and both are considered AAA whether you like it or not. PC has it's own forms of AAA games that don't have to be defined by console like rules, again something I expect to see warped with budgets or not using X studio or engine.

AAA gaming isn't going to be skipping PC any time soon, though I'm sure that sounds more like your dream from the sounds of it, especially when you like to consider PC gamers as filthy pirates which also tells me a lot.

Those points you listed at the end aren't even core let alone solid reasons. You're basically calling PC users outright pirates wwith supposed high prices and a platform not worth considering.

All I;m getting from this is hate, pure and simple, you can spin it any way you want but I've never seen logical level ehaded people resort to calling a platform like the way you have.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
JNK said:

reasons:

high prieces

pirating

key stores

Witcher was also on Xbox 360 with II if you recall, it;s not really a PC title if it's been on another platform, same with III. Also who says Witcher III PC sales will drop off so suddenly?, last I checked PC sales can go on for years and years while console gen sales drop, especially once that platform is dropped because that happens every gen, sales like that factucally drop and stop, on PC that's not the case.

Skyrim sold more than last gen combined, same with XCOM EU and both are considered AAA whether you like it or not. PC has it's own forms of AAA games that don't have to be defined by console like rules, again something I expect to see warped with budgets or not using X studio or engine.

AAA gaming isn't going to be skipping PC any time soon, though I'm sure that sounds more like your dream from the sounds of it, especially when you like to consider PC gamers as filthy pirates which also tells me a lot.

Those points you listed at the end aren't even core let alone solid reasons. You're basically calling PC users outright pirates wwith supposed high prices and a platform not worth considering.

All I;m getting from this is hate, pure and simple, you can spin it any way you want but I've never seen logical level ehaded people resort to calling a platform like the way you have.

sure skyrim and witcher and co might sell/sold millions of copies..in steam sales, for 4 bucks.

PC: 4$ x 30 Mio = 120 Mio

Console: 60$ x 20 Mio =1200 Mio

Thats where the money is. Games like Batman arkham knight already prooving how irrelevant pc gaming already got. Developed dont even bother with the pc version, just cheap port to grab some money. Later the might just cancel the versions at all.

Around the Network
JNK said:

sure skyrim and witcher and co might sell/sold millions of copies..in steam sales, for 4 bucks.

PC: 4$ x 30 Mio = 120 Mio

Console: 60$ x 20 Mio =1200 Mio

Thats where the money is. Games like Batman arkham knight already prooving how irrelevant pc gaming already got. Developed dont even bother with the pc version, just cheap port to grab some money. Later the might just cancel the versions at all.

FUll price actually, but sure if you want to include cheap console sales as well that console have had for a while now including store sales and of course we cannot begin to forget second hand gaming which is still rife with the console platform while on PC it's non existent.

The money to be made is still on PC just as much as it is consoles I;m afraid, no matter of debating from you is going to change that.

AK was a shitty PC port from WB who decided not to fix the mess they made and washed their hands of it along with the bad job they did with MKX, Ic annot believe you have balls to suggest PC gaming is irrelevant because one or two AAA games from the same publisher sold like shit despite them being shit ports.

After that AK mention I just cannot take you seriously any more, really I can't because it shows how ignorant you are of the situation and just shows how much ammo you are willing to grab to throw against the platform you clearly dislike.

I severely regret letting a friend of mine talk me into getting this game. Luckily it was on sale but still 40 bucks down the drain...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I avoided this game primarily because it required Origin (I sensed a disturbance in the force)... no regrets.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

slab_of_bacon said:
I avoided this game primarily because it required Origin (I sensed a disturbance in the force)... no regrets.

Join the darkside on ps4 and you won't have to use origin!  Plus the community isn't dead.  

OneKartVita said:
slab_of_bacon said:

Join the darkside on ps4 and you won't have to use origin!  Plus the community isn't dead.  

I don't game on the Playstation 4... plus I haven't named off all the other reasons I didn't get this game :P

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch