By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo be chastised if NX remasters / ports become a thing?

OneKartVita said:
Wyrdness said:

Except PS4's architecture is designed to be similar to PCs and thus make development easier so yes it is an excuse, you don't seem to understand publishers and developers, many of them would rather just release remasters and lower the amount of new games they have to release over a gen as it's cheaper and requires less effort and risk. Remasters can be made by a lab monkey for all we care developers will still use them as an easy option and say "Development is harder and takes twice as long" for people like you to eat up despite the fact that Sony and MS made things easier and the are tools that make development far more convenient and easier.

This is why people weren't happy with developers, a few remasters is one thing but a slew of them is worrying much like when DLC began to get exploited.

Yes development is easier if they were making ps3 level games.  Except their not and many studious had to make 360, PS3, ps4,  x1 and pc versions of the same game.  Much harder than the 360/ps3/pc combo of last gen.  

Just wake up and smell the coffee.  We're getting games releasing that should have been delayed for another 6 months because they weren't ready for release.  It's a stone cold fact.  development is getting harder and longer.  Just look at Nintendo.  They take so long to get their more advanced games out.  Even the likes of star Fox that look pretty basic get delayed.  As I said making games now takes longer.  

A remaster takes a few people and it's a perfect filler.  Stop pretending they're the reason games come out later.  

Nintendo is notorious for delays though.  Its been one of their signature calling cards since the N64 era.

Around the Network

Well... for now that is no thing that leads me to believe the NX will be a next-gen console, so... i don't think its even a thing.
If its a portable... maybe. We have seen Nintendo do it with the new 3DS with Xenoblade. Console games on a handheld are always cool but are only to fill scheduales. Nothing to write home about.

I hope not. So lame that people hate on more people being able to experience good games in a higher quality, while at the same time getting resources for devs to pursue other projects. Nothing is lost, while some is gained.

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:

Ok Bro keep thinking the whole industry has gotten lazy!  

Yeah all those 200 plus man strong AAA teams are just sitting there doing nothing while about 5 of them work on a remaster.  This is so funny.  

Who said they're doing nothing? What's funny is your fabrication of an argument, they're just not as bothered to get new games out quicker because people like you are content being fed a lazy option. Want an example of the industry getting lazy games being released with issues and need serious patching but people as yourself also make excuses for developers when this happens as well.

No you're wrong again.  I've bought more "new" ps4 games than I did for the ps3 at this point in its time.  On top of that I've also bought some excellent remasters so it's the icing on the cake.  

Are Nintendo being lazy taking forever to release Zelda?  Or square Enix with FF15 or Atlus with Persona 5, or Sony with Uncharted 4? Of course not.  These games are bigger and more advanced than anything they've ever made and it's taking them longer to release them.  

I I suppose the uncharted remasters and the Zelda remasters are the reason why uncharted 4 and Zelda didn't release in 2014. Lol. 

OneKartVita said:

No you're wrong again.  I've bought more "new" ps4 games than I did for the ps3 at this point in its time.  On top of that I've also bought some excellent remasters so it's the icing on the cake.  

Are Nintendo being lazy taking forever to release Zelda?  Or square Enix with FF15 or Atlus with Persona 5, or Sony with Uncharted 4? Of course not.  These games are bigger and more advanced than anything they've ever made and it's taking them longer to release them.  

I I suppose the uncharted remasters and the Zelda remasters are the reason why uncharted 4 and Zelda didn't release in 2014. Lol. 

Considering you earlier said PS3 had no new games for 2 years which is false I don't think you buying more for your PS4 really says much, Zelda, FFXV and Persona 5 simply aren't handled in the best way and tbh Zelda is very likely to be delayed not because of development but as a TP style move for an NX version. FFXV was a development disaster going through 3 different engines, 2 teams and being put on the back burner as the team were pulled off the game to help develop FFXIII and XIV.

Persona 5 ironically backs my point as it was a PS3 game that got a PS4 version and was delayed as a result but it only takes 5 people to do the latter under your logic right, Twilight Princess highlights what I'm saying as well, it's been commissioned to fill the gap left but Zelda U's extended development as was Uncharted for the fourth game, an easy option rather then grind to get the two games out or maybe it was planned to delay the games and just use remasters for the time period instead, either way it's not good for consumers if remasters start becoming a habit.  

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Wyrdness said:

Who said they're doing nothing? What's funny is your fabrication of an argument, they're just not as bothered to get new games out quicker because people like you are content being fed a lazy option. Want an example of the industry getting lazy games being released with issues and need serious patching but people as yourself also make excuses for developers when this happens as well.

Are Nintendo being lazy taking forever to release Zelda? 

Yes.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:

Considering you earlier said PS3 had no new games for 2 years which is false I don't think you buying more for your PS4 really says much, Zelda, FFXV and Persona 5 simply aren't handled in the best way and tbh Zelda is very likely to be delayed not because of development but as a TP style move for an NX version. FFXV was a development disaster going through 3 different engines, 2 teams and being put on the back burner as the team were pulled off the game to help develop FFXIII and XIV.

Persona 5 ironically backs my point as it was a PS3 game that got a PS4 version and was delayed as a result but it only takes 5 people to do the latter under your logic right, Twilight Princess highlights what I'm saying as well, it's been commissioned to fill the gap left but Zelda U's extended development as was Uncharted for the fourth game, an easy option rather then grind to get the two games out or maybe it was planned to delay the games and just use remasters for the time period instead, either way it's not good for consumers if remasters start becoming a habit.  

Wow!!  You just said that about Persona 5.....I'm speechless.  You talk as if they have made the ps3 version and that they'll have like 5 people remaster it for ps4.  Just no, no, no!!!  

The game is in constant development for both platforms and they're very different systems to make games on. 

The point about ps3 is oh so valid.  This gen I've bought more new ps4 games than the ps3 at the same point in time and additionally some remasters.  It's just such a perfect mix.  It's been such a good start to the gen and it's only warming up.  

You're theory that the devs would have released their ps4/X1 games much faster if they didn't release remasters is absurd. I'm sure 1 or two would release a little sooner but the vast majority just no.  

Go on name all the games that are suffering from this lazy dev syndrome due to porting remasters.  This should be fun 

OneKartVita said:

Wow!!  You just said that about Persona 5.....I'm speechless.  You talk as if they have made the ps3 version and that they'll have like 5 people remaster it for ps4.  Just no, no, no!!!  

The game is in constant development for both platforms and they're very different systems to make games on. 

The point about ps3 is oh so valid.  This gen I've bought more new ps4 games than the ps3 at the same point in time and additionally some remasters.  It's just such a perfect mix.  It's been such a good start to the gen and it's only warming up.  

You're theory that the devs would have released their ps4/X1 games much faster if they didn't release remasters is absurd. I'm sure 1 or two would release a little sooner but the vast majority just no.  

Go on name all the games that are suffering from this lazy dev syndrome due to porting remasters.  This should be fun 

Your point about the PS3 was null and void the second you declared it had no games for the first two year, this flat out says you werne't really looking to buy games or you weren't a PS3 owner at that point, I own a PS4 btw and bought more new games in the first two years of the PS3 then the PS4 and I've been actively looking to add to the library. For Persona 5 I simply applied your own logic and you realize now how absurd it is.

I don't have to name games mate the are few new games released right now compared to any other gen while we have more remasters now then new games, that backs my point that remasters are being used as an easy option.

nothing wrong with remasters and ports. The issue is when those remasters and ports represent a large portion of the library as bugger all else is being released. That is when companies get stick, and deservedly so.

Remasters and ports are only an issue if you've already played them. At large they are only an issue if most people have played them. Most Wii U games deserve a second chance at life on hardware people might actually buy.