By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo be chastised if NX remasters / ports become a thing?

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:

Wow!!  You just said that about Persona 5.....I'm speechless.  You talk as if they have made the ps3 version and that they'll have like 5 people remaster it for ps4.  Just no, no, no!!!  

The game is in constant development for both platforms and they're very different systems to make games on. 

The point about ps3 is oh so valid.  This gen I've bought more new ps4 games than the ps3 at the same point in time and additionally some remasters.  It's just such a perfect mix.  It's been such a good start to the gen and it's only warming up.  

You're theory that the devs would have released their ps4/X1 games much faster if they didn't release remasters is absurd. I'm sure 1 or two would release a little sooner but the vast majority just no.  

Go on name all the games that are suffering from this lazy dev syndrome due to porting remasters.  This should be fun 

Your point about the PS3 was null and void the second you declared it had no games for the first two year, this flat out says you werne't really looking to buy games or you weren't a PS3 owner at that point, I own a PS4 btw and bought more new games in the first two years of the PS3 then the PS4 and I've been actively looking to add to the library. For Persona 5 I simply applied your own logic and you realize now how absurd it is.

I don't have to name games mate the are few new games released right now compared to any other gen while we have more remasters now then new games, that backs my point that remasters are being used as an easy option.

No you went wrong when you took what I said literally.  Like the ps3 really has no games!?? O_O come on man only the ps4 has no games :)

Fact is I had many ps3 games at this point but this gen I've even more for the ps4. Fact.  

Now go ahead and name all these games you know are taking long because the lazy devs are too busy making remasters.  I already know you won't but oh well! 

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:

No you went wrong when you took what I said literally.  Like the ps3 really has no games!?? O_O come on man only the ps4 has no games :)

Fact is I had many ps3 games at this point but this gen I've even more for the ps4. Fact.  

Now go ahead and name all these games you know are taking long because the lazy devs are too busy making remasters.  I already know you won't but oh well! 

You said flat out it had practically no new games, no matter what context or spin you try that statement is false so you having more PS4 games now is null and void at this point, again I don't need to name games as if I was wrong these games would be out instead of remasters, it's a poor atempt at a come back for you argument as what backs my stance is how remasters are outweighing the number of new notable games so far this gen.

Ninty won't go as far as Sony because they can't. Ninty can't get caught up in remastering everything because they don't have 3rd parties to fall back on.

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:

You said flat out it had practically no new games, no matter what context or spin you try that statement is false so you having more PS4 games now is null and void at this point, again I don't need to name games as if I was wrong these games would be out instead of remasters, it's a poor atempt at a come back for you argument as what backs my stance is how remasters are outweighing the number of new notable games so far this gen.

Oh so now there's more remasters then new games.  Another false statement by you.  

Good to know you're not going to name any of these games.  Because we both know it's a false and baseless statement.  

OneKartVita said:

Oh so now there's more remasters then new games.  Another false statement by you.  

Good to know you're not going to name any of these games.  Because we both know it's a false and baseless statement.  

Considering someone earlier counted 10 remasters from Sony and around half as many new titles from them yes they are outweighing new games, only false statements have been made by yourself. Again your name a game attempt is a red herring, it has no ground to stand on and serves only as an attempt to try and make your argument seem better then it is.

Around the Network

I really don't understand what the fuss is about regarding remasters/remakes. If you already played the game in a previous form, just don't buy this new edition, That's pretty simple, isn't it? This remasters are a way for people that haven't played the game before to get a chance to do it, with better graphics (is it what bothers you?). I haven't played uncharted, when i buy a ps4 i wil buy the collection and play the first 3 games in the series, same with resident evil, i would have to buy a gc(re0), ps1(re1) and ps3 (u1-3) to play these games, now a ps4 will be enough to enjoy them. If you don't like it don't buy it.

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:

Considering someone earlier counted 10 remasters from Sony and around half as many new titles from them yes they are outweighing new games, only false statements have been made by yourself. Again your name a game attempt is a red herring, it has no ground to stand on and serves only as an attempt to try and make your argument seem better then it is.

Now here we go.  I see where you're going wrong!  You see on Playstation, Sony games only make up a small proportion of the library.  I don't judge the ps4 off of just Sony's games I judge it by its entire library.  And that my friend has way more new games than the ps3 did at the same time.  And on top of that all the remasters.  

It's been a beautiful gen so far and it's only warming up! 

I'd only accept remasters and ports if they're good games that came from failed consoles or games that are at least five years old. Because of that, I'd have no problem if a lot of the Wii U's library were ported over to the NX if backwards compatibility were not an option.

...Well, actually, I'd have no problem with it as long as it doesn't get in the way of Nintendo making new games.

I will be very p*ssed off if Nintendo remasters all the good Wii U games for NX. I bought the Wii U to play Wii U games, not NX games early. People who want to play Wii U games should buy a Wii U.

Wyrdness said:
oniyide said:

last of us and Grand theft auto say hi

So you bought your PS4 to play last gen games then or once again you didn't read the posts before?

nothing to do with the sales, clearly people dont mind that much otherwise they wouldnt sell as well. as for me only had my ps4 for 3 months got 10 games none are last gen remasters except FF type 0 which wasnt available in the US till this gen anyway.