By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Is There Like Zero Attention About the 3DS Successor?

Soundwave said:
HylianYoshi said:

That simply isn't true. The NX is either going to be the final nail in the coffin for Nintendo in terms of relevance to the gaming industry, or it'll be their saving grace. In the end, nothing can change consumers moving more towards smartphones for entertainment, but the console market is going to be there, and that's where we need to see some major improvement from Nintendo.

Nintendo doesn't have a "console market", they have a niche group of 20-30 year old men mostly willing to buy their consoles because they grew up with them in the 80s/90s. That's not "market", that's a niche audience. 

If the portable successor to the 3DS is not a big seller for Nintendo, they may as well start applying for a third party license right now. 

Really if its a discreet console what is the NX going to be anyway that's so special? A Nintendo console with PS4 graphics instead of PS3 graphics? Are the people buying Playstation and XBox likely to care?

12 million sales is not a niche market for god's sake. It may not be enough to justify hardware development, but it's certainly not niche. Also you don't understand the Nintendo base at all. It's a good thing you're not in charge of the decisions!

Around the Network

Maybe we're actually still content with the 3DS, it's performance and it's upcoming releases, while we're anxious to have the WiiU being replaced as soon as possible to start anew.

Cream147 said:
Soundwave said:

Nintendo doesn't have a "console market", they have a niche group of 20-30 year old men mostly willing to buy their consoles because they grew up with them in the 80s/90s. That's not "market", that's a niche audience. 

If the portable successor to the 3DS is not a big seller for Nintendo, they may as well start applying for a third party license right now. 

Really if its a discreet console what is the NX going to be anyway that's so special? A Nintendo console with PS4 graphics instead of PS3 graphics? Are the people buying Playstation and XBox likely to care?

12 million sales is not a niche market for god's sake. It may not be enough to justify hardware development, but it's certainly not niche. Also you don't understand the Nintendo base at all. It's a good thing you're not in charge of the decisions!

Nintendo wouldn't be in this mess if I was in charge, but I'm not exactly patting myself on the back, anyone with a lick of common sense probably could've avoided some of the pitfalls they've fallen into the last few years. 

elektranine said:
Because no one cares about handhelds anymore, the market is dead the psvita proves that. I haven't even turned my 3ds on in years... no games that interest me or most gamers.

I feel that is a terrible generalization. Monster hunter is still strong, a lot of hype for Fire emblem and the Dragon Quest games coming out.

Soundwave said:
HylianYoshi said:

That simply isn't true. The NX is either going to be the final nail in the coffin for Nintendo in terms of relevance to the gaming industry, or it'll be their saving grace. In the end, nothing can change consumers moving more towards smartphones for entertainment, but the console market is going to be there, and that's where we need to see some major improvement from Nintendo.

A lot of PS4 users this gen never even owned a PS3. Customers are going to gravitate towards the best option of the generation. You are assuming that the NX is already a failure, when in reality we know nothing about it. It could be more powerful than the PS4. It could get all of the 3rd parties. If the PS4 ate up some good Wii and 360 MARKET, simply by having everything the regular consumer wants and NOT just because it has its very own niche audience, we can't possibly tell that NX won't be able to be successful when it's not even announced yet. If you were to assume that the Nintendo has a niche market of 12 million+, then who knows what'll happen to sales once Nintendo actually starts making good decisions.

bet: lost

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:
Soundwave said:

A lot of PS4 users this gen never even owned a PS3. Customers are going to gravitate towards the best option of the generation. You are assuming that the NX is already a failure, when in reality we know nothing about it. It could be more powerful than the PS4. It could get all of the 3rd parties. If the PS4 ate up some good Wii and 360 MARKET, simply by having everything the regular consumer wants and NOT just because it has its very own niche audience, we can't possibly tell that NX won't be able to be successful when it's not even announced yet. If you were to assume that the Nintendo has a niche market of 12 million+, then who knows what'll happen to sales once Nintendo actually starts making good decisions.

I agree.  I'd go as far as to say that around half of the PS4 owners are former 360 owners.  Also, there's still a ton of people on the fence who don't like what Sony nor Microsoft have to offer and are waiting to see what the NX is because they don't want to buy a Wii U for the price Nintendo's asking for based on its limited software library.

Because the Wii U isn't doing well so most are thinking it will be replaced early and possibly at the same time (if the NX is a fusion)

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Maybe it's because many people believe the NX to be a fused system.

But personally I usually refer to NX as "Nintendo's next system" (especially when making threads), and with that I'm implying that it could be a handheld or a home console, or both separated, or both together. Because it's hard to tell.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Soundwave said:
Cream147 said:

Nintendo wouldn't be in this mess if I was in charge, but I'm not exactly patting myself on the back, anyone with a lick of common sense probably could've avoided some of the pitfalls they've fallen into the last few years. 

Dude stop, there is a reason you are posting in a video game forum and not the head of a multi million corporation.

Soundwave said:
Cream147 said:

I'm 100% positive u made a thread shortly before Wii U released talking about how big of a success u thought it would be so I highly doubt u would have done a much better job than Nintendo. Remember, it's way easier to point out someone's mistakes in hindsight than it is to identify mistakes they are about to make.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.