Forums - Gaming Discussion - What JRPG are you playing now?

Tales of Graces F. About halfway through.
After that I'll continue Bravely Default.

Ka-pi96 said:
The latest one I played was Valkyria Chronicles. Started a new game of it yesterday.

Really love everything about the game. The gameplay is really fun, but more than that the cutscenes and story are enjoyable. Oh and the anime graphics are really cool too

First time playing it?

kooltrex said:
Currently playing Persona 4 Golden. Its amazing. Very happy I bought a vita.

Great game. Love the murder mystery theme. After you beat it, look up if you got the true ending because its possible to miss it, but you can always access it from your last save point.

BasilZero said:

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance on 3DS

Gonna be playing next....

Star Ocean The Last Hope International on PS3

Not gonna wait for Dream Drop Distance HD?

And Star Ocean 4.... =o
After the first 25 hours, I feel like the remaining 40 hours was mostly a waste of my time and mostly full of regrets.  -_-
I hope you don't feel the same way.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Ka-pi96 said:
The latest one I played was Valkyria Chronicles. Started a new game of it yesterday.

Really love everything about the game. The gameplay is really fun, but more than that the cutscenes and story are enjoyable. Oh and the anime graphics are really cool too

First time playing it?

Nope, already played the PS3 version now replaying it on Steam. So I know what's coming...

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Tales of Zesteria. Starts out slow, but a fantastic JRPG that when it hooks you, your hooked. Strongly recommend people give this one a go.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Currently I am playing both Tales of the Abyss and Fire Emblem: Awakening! Both great games :)

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Paatar said:
Lost Odyssey (finishing it today most likely actually) Stella Glow, Legend of Legacy.

I also have Tales of Vesperia that I have yet to start... But it's the other one I own that's on my backlog. I've been zooming through JRPGs recently. (Example Lost Odyssey is generally a 50 hour long game and I'm on course to beat it under 30 hours)

How are Lost Odyssey Stella Glow, Legend of Legacy?

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Hiku said:

First time playing it?

Nope, already played the PS3 version now replaying it on Steam. So I know what's coming...

=(

Tales Of Heart R and Ys Memories Of Celceta on the Vita. Going back and forth between the two. Both fantastic so far.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I'm replaying Earthbound right now. It's just so well done. I ain't got much time or cash for new games.

Tales of Xillia. Been playing this for iver a year and still haven't finished it. It doesn't hold my interest very long; the story is kind of boring.

Also been playing FFX-2 HD. I've been enjoying it a lot gameplay wise, and it's the first time I made it passed chapter 2.

Well finished Tales of Zestiria, bit awkward game really.  last generation was kind of dissapointing for me if we talk about new JRPG's in  franchises...FF Series/Star Ocean/silly kingdom hearts/persona ports etc...  Except for the Tales franchise, especially with Xillia/ and Vesperia they became even better. Tales of Zestiria is a weird duck though.  Can't love it, but also not hate it like many Tales fans do (first Tales game that got so much hate?).  

I don't like the idea of leveling up but no stats increase so I just ran in dungeons opened the chests and beat the bosses with maybe less than 5 random fights to expand my library.  Also Alisha and her dlc are dissapointing.  The number of sidequests/side stories are low and boring.  Also the fusion system is horrible, even the characters in the game don't understand it when they discuss about it.  They could have done a better job explaining the fusion system but then again when you understand it you will break the game easily;       Overall i had some moments of joy but I am left with a bitter taste.....  Still I hope Tales of Berseria will make some changes.