By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii - Motion Sensor = ?????

It's pretty apparent that Nintendo have been able to reach a level of interactive and imersive gameplay through the utlisation of "Wii Mote" that is recognised and respected by pretty much everyone ( except fanboys). My personal opinion is that the "Wii mote" is the saving grace of the Nintendo Wii , it alows relativley last gen hardware to apear new , innovative and futuristic , despite the motion sensing technology being pretty old you gotta congratulate the way Nintendo marketed it to the consumer.

This does raise questions about how far the Wii could have got without it's motion sensing capabilities , without the success it's had (probably due to the "Wii-Mote") it wouldn't have attracted 3rd party developers to make quality titles for the Wii which would in turn bring more success to the platform ( granted many developers had started development of Wii titles even before it's launch.)

Around the Network

no wiimote = failure
simple as that

That's like saying what the PS3 would be like without its graphics...Dumb question...

VGC member's must have some magical powers or something lol , that repsonse was fast ! , I bet you knew I was gonna post this before I did.

Wii - Wiimote = SSBB + MK

:P

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

^ Oh wait, you're right, kingofwhale.... So that means the Wii is still REALLY EXTREMELY SUPER DUPER GOOD without its motion sensor... =-)

Without motion controls, it wouldn't be mcuh better than the gamecube which is only $99. Would have the appeal for VC, broadband and a few other, and price would probably be dropped to at most $199 if not $149 by now. Sales would be in the 4M-10M at this point (probably closer to 5M).

supermariogalaxy said:
^ Oh wait, you're right, kingofwhale.... So that means the Wii is still REALLY EXTREMELY SUPER DUPER GOOD without its motion sensor... =-)

you mean... SSBB and MK is still REALLY EXTREMELY SUPER DUPER GOOD despite motion sensor. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

^ And what Vgchartz would be without supermariogalaxy.....NOTHING!

lol

kingofwale said:
supermariogalaxy said:

you mean... SSBB and MK is still REALLY EXTREMELY SUPER DUPER GOOD despite motion sensor. ;)

I gues...Yeahh..*shrugs*