By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

Pavolink said:
Thunderbird77 said:

2011 with 3ds.

Original intended release was Q4 2010.

Read the question.

Around the Network

My guess is they may be referring to a Slim version(s) of the PS4 and/or XBO. I'm expecting the NX in 2017.

thismeintiel said:
My guess is they may be referring to a Slim version(s) of the PS4 and/or XBO. I'm expecting the NX in 2017.

Why should they call a shrinked Jaguar-APU a "design win"? That term implicates some kind of choice / competition.

But they can't switch the heart of the PS4 or XBO to Intel or Nvidia or Zen without getting big problems / incompatibilities.

Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
No. No. No. No. Nooooooooo!!! I'm so sick of people on VGChartz using the word confirmed in unconfirmed situations. If it's confirmed, it's confirmed. This is not confirmation. So don't use that word.

This!!!

I want the NX out this year, but I'm not going to spread lies about it. It's annoying to see "this is confirmed" or "it's gonna have this, it was confirmed" when the only piece of evidence is an ambiguous quote about an unknown client

I wonder, what client that could be, what client is for quiet time is talking about new hardware..

We don't know.

we can make poor guesses, we can make educated guesses, but we can't confirm anything with this info. It's really annoying when people try to push their guesses and claims as fact. To those that do this, stop.

thismeintiel said:

Those would just be die shrinks of existing hardware, not completely new semi-conductor designs and likely it'll be for both MS and Sony not just one of them. 

Around the Network
midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
No. No. No. No. Nooooooooo!!! I'm so sick of people on VGChartz using the word confirmed in unconfirmed situations. If it's confirmed, it's confirmed. This is not confirmation. So don't use that word.

This!!!

I want the NX out this year, but I'm not going to spread lies about it. It's annoying to see "this is confirmed" or "it's gonna have this, it was confirmed" when the only piece of evidence is an ambiguous quote about an unknown client

I wonder, what client that could be, what client is for quiet time is talking about new hardware..

We don't know.

we can make poor guesses, we can make educated guesses, but we can't confirm anything with this info. It's really annoying when people try to push their guesses and claims as fact. To those that do this, stop.

We dont know for sure until Nintendo or AMD confirmed, but obvious biggest chances are for Nintendo.

thismeintiel said:

They specifically mentioned consoles from Sony and Microsoft and that they will have additional revenue from new semi custom-business. It doesnt sound that additional revenue is from Sony or Microsoft, its sounds like completely different company.

Thunderbird77 said:
Pavolink said:

Original intended release was Q4 2010.

Read the question.

I did. Nintendo never planed to release on Q1 2011, but Q4 2010, so his statement is still true.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

there is an article on IGN that suggests that we'll get the portable version in November for about 200 and the actual console will come out sometime next year.

Pavolink said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Read the question.

I did. Nintendo never planed to release on Q1 2011, but Q4 2010, so his statement is still true.

Question: When was the last time nintendo released hardware in Q1?

Answer: 2011, 3ds.

It's that simple.