By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

Strange... Do you live in an alternate universe, because here's a video of the PS4 being revealed Feb 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrtO1x8pSo

And the console didn't release until Nov... That seems like a bit longer than 6 months....

Xbone's released 6 months till and boy what a fantastic launch that was. ;)

Honestly all these "rules" you guys try to push are stupid. It comes down to execution. There is no magic number of months before launch of unveiling a console that gives you a successful product. 

There's a good chance NX "fails" no matter what. Because every one of their home consoles since the NES has been losing marketshare outside of the Wii miracle for a couple of years, but this a 30-year trend otherwise and quite honestly maybe they simply can't compete with a home console industry that's much, much more different today than it was in say 1990 when Nintendo defined everything about consoles. 

If they don't have some amazing new idea with the console NX, odds are it'll probably sell about the same as the Wii U (really crappy), GameCube (crappy), or if they're really lucky, the N64 (not crappy, just dissapointing). Doesn't really matter much when they launch. 

The plus side to launching earlier is the sooner they launch, the sooner the NX product line matures and the sooner it can start contributing to high-end profits, which I think Nintendo is anxious to get back to. They need that portable NX to start driving revenue. 

And yet the Wii U has an amazing attach ratio of software to hardware, coupled with amiibo and their handheld which even if it didn't sell another 3DS ever would still be the most attractive place for third parties to put their handheld software on (at least for quite a while). When we add cell phone games and the possible attraction of their home console hardware when their anime and movies start releasing we HAVE to simply come to the conclusion there is a bigger picture somewhere. It isn't to release another console they believe at best will sell N64 numbers.

Also, no matter how HUGE the company is, or how well known their products are, you usually see advertisements well before the release of the product. It gains the product recognition, and sparks interest through word of mouth. Why is that so hard to understand? Now apply that to a product little know about and fewer care for. 

Around the Network
Sixteenvolt420 said:
I hope they do release it at the end of the year. I'm ready to enjoy a Nintendo console again.

And what if it's no different comparitively to Wii U? Will you wish it would have had another year in development?

bigtakilla said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
I hope they do release it at the end of the year. I'm ready to enjoy a Nintendo console again.

And what if it's no different comparitively to Wii U? Will you wish it would have had another year in development?

The main thing that turned me off about the Wii U, was that huge controller. At this point, there's no point in me buying a Wii U. I'm better off waiting for the NX. The games have never been a problem for me with Nintendo. I usually enjoy almost all of their first party stuff. If the NX is ready, release it. If not, wait.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
bigtakilla said:

The main thing that turned me off about the Wii U, was that huge controller. At this point, there's no point in me buying a Wii U. I'm better off waiting for the NX. The games have never been a problem for me with Nintendo. I usually enjoy almost all of their first party stuff. If the NX is ready, release it. If not, wait.

But it's looking very likely that the NX controller will also be a gamepad, will you not buy it then either?

bigtakilla said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

But it's looking very likely that the NX controller will also be a gamepad, will you not buy it then either?

If it's as big as the Wii U one, i probably won't buy the NX either.

Around the Network
naruball said:

I disagree. It seems to me that all the hype it's getting is from WiiU owners who are hoping that the NX won't be another disaster for Ninty. Sure, Vita owners hype vita games all the time, but look at the sales. I don't think that's a good strategy. You think gamers who don't frequent on vg websites/forums have even heard of NX?

Except I follow other media outlets and they're talking about and latching onto any bit of NX news where as Wii U hardly features at all on many of them, fact is it has more buzz around it before even being shown than what Wii U has ever had. It's not just Wii U owners who are aware of NX it's a large chunk of gaming, all you need to do for proof is just type NX in google.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
bigtakilla said:

So your real hopes for NX is based entirely off the size of the controller, if I understand you correctly.

Wyrdness said:
naruball said:

I disagree. It seems to me that all the hype it's getting is from WiiU owners who are hoping that the NX won't be another disaster for Ninty. Sure, Vita owners hype vita games all the time, but look at the sales. I don't think that's a good strategy. You think gamers who don't frequent on vg websites/forums have even heard of NX?

Except I follow other media outlets and they're talking about and latching onto any bit of NX news where as Wii U hardly features at all on many of them, fact is it has more buzz around it before even being shown than what Wii U has ever had. It's not just Wii U owners who are aware of NX it's a large chunk of gaming, all you need to do for proof is just type NX in google.

I'm basing this entirely on my non hardcore gamer friends. They are aware of its existence as much as they were of the vitas. What kind of outlets are you refering to? Care to be a bit more specific?

I guess sales will tell us if this strategy is working. I don't think it is. I mean, sure I am aware of it and see it mentioned all the time but it hasn't made me want it any more than I did 2 years ago. Exposure is not enough. What Ninty needs is to offer something PC/ps4/xb1 can't offer. Something like the wii motion controls or even the fusion idea, if it turns out to be good. Because simply media outlets mentioning it means very little in terms of sales, in my opinion.

Also, as a Ninty fan, you're more likely to notice any articles that mention NX, while most people would simply not bother reading them at all. I don't think the hype is real. You're free to feel differently, but I, personally, will wait to see how it sells to tell if this strategy is working or not.

@bolded. Britney Spears is still one of the most searched and talked about celebrities. There are countless articles about her every day. Her sales? Pretty terrible since 2010. Just because hardcore fans look her up a lot and the media are still obsessed with her doesn't mean people buy her songs. So, no I wouldn't count that as proof or anything other than a number of people being interested in NX.

bigtakilla said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

So your real hopes for NX is based entirely off the size of the controller, if I understand you correctly.

Correct. It's the same reason that i play very few mobile games, outside of the really simplistic ones. I can't stand the controls.

naruball said:

I'm basing this entirely on my non hardcore gamer friends. They are aware of its existence as much as they were of the vitas. What kind of outlets are you refering to? Care to be a bit more specific?

I guess sales will tell us if this strategy is working. I don't think it is. I mean, sure I am aware of it and see it mentioned all the time but it hasn't made me want it any more than I did 2 years ago. Exposure is not enough. What Ninty needs is to offer something PC/ps4/xb1 can't offer. Something like the wii motion controls or even the fusion idea, if it turns out to be good. Because simply media outlets mentioning it means very little in terms of sales, in my opinion.

Also, as a Ninty fan, you're more likely to notice any articles that mention NX, while most people would simply not bother reading them at all. I don't think the hype is real. You're free to feel differently, but I, personally, will wait to see how it sells to tell if this strategy is working or not.

@bolded. Britney Spears is still one of the most searched and talked about celebrities. There are countless articles about her every day. Her sales? Pretty terrible since 2010. Just because hardcore fans look her up a lot and the media are still obsessed with her doesn't mean people buy her songs. So, no I wouldn't count that as proof or anything other than a number of people being interested in NX.

Again just type NX in google and you'll find sites from IGN, Eurogamer to even tech sites talking about NX leaks, even a national News outlet here in UK called Metro reported yesterday's leak, your Britney Spears analogy is null and void in the case as you were going on about it not reaching outside of VG now you admit even your non hardcore friends are aware of NX and it's not even been unveiled yet, non hardcores weren't aware of the Wii U when it's leaks were happening and before it released.

PS4 doesn't really offer anything X1 can't but it's exposure and marketing is what propelled it early on, Wii U's problem for the first year and a half was that no one knew about it, they even referenced this in a comic sketch at the game awards with the "Why didn't they tell anyone" part. The's no point offering something different if the is little exposure and tbh right now exposure is more important to gather attention for the unveiling.