By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

nanarchy said:
That is so far away from being confirmed it isn't even a decent rumor, title should be reported for trolling. For AMD it could be any number of other projects, not to mention shipping boards in 2016 even if they are for NX doesn't necessarily mean a 2016 release date.

Do you see that question mark in headline!? How exactly that headline would be trolling!?

Around the Network
Soleron said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
No. No. No. No. Nooooooooo!!! I'm so sick of people on VGChartz using the word confirmed in unconfirmed situations. If it's confirmed, it's confirmed. This is not confirmation. So don't use that word.

This is confirmation that a console from a major vendor is coming 2H 2016.

Who else could it possibly be?

Yes theres are only so many Console makers.

If AMD goes hey guys we re launching a new semi custom chip soon for a new console.....

If its not Nintendos who the f***s is it?

A new competitors? no... chances are its nintendos.

Yeah pretty sure it's Nintendo. Who else would it even be? Nvidia obviously is not using AMD in their next Shield console.

Apple even if they wanted to is basically joined at the hip with PowerVR.

This generation has been a lot of denial when it comes to the Wii U, like a parent that can't see that their kid has a problem. When there were signs the Wii U wasn't going to sell like the Wii, there was a lot of denial and "ermagawd, obviously it's going to sell great once Mario 3D World comes out It just needs games!". Then that became Mario Kart 8 "wait until Mario Kart!". Then Smash. When it was suggested early on that it wouldn't be as powerful as the PS4/X1 that was also greeted with anger from some people. When people said it wouldn't sell as much as the GameCube ... again about a year's worth of denial until reality set it on that, now no one even really argues that. 

Now it's basically come down to this ... the last hill that ardent Wii U fans are willing to die on, that is that a successor cannot launch in 2016, despite a lot of mounting evidence that Nintendo is prepping just that. 

bigtakilla said:
Soleron said:

Do they have to mail one to your house before you say it's confirmed?

AMD would have to ship their products before they get paid. They don't get paid when we buy the consoles. This pretty much shows the mass production of NX's will start second half of 2016.

If you expect to see revenue from the start of the 2nd half of the year.

It means you have to have shipped some from of product before then....

they re in mass production before the start of the 2nd half of the year.

the question is...

How long does it take Nintendo, to put some chips into some motherboards, and a pretty package, and start shipping to shops?

If it takes them more than half a year, then you wont see a NX console in 2016.

If they can do it faster than that.... then you might see the NX in 2016 in shops.

Wyrdness said:
dongo8 said:
All of these leaks will hopefully force Nintendo's hand to show the damn thing soon! There is so much speculation out there you would think that the pressure as well as the opportunity to make a splash would entice them to reveal it. Hopefully the reveal is coming sooner rather than later considering how many pieces of news have come out just today, it's unbelievable!

It's been planned to be like this from the beginning, they knew Wii U was a lost cause so they let the cat out the bag last year to cause people to be speculating at every turn. NX probably has more attention now before it's even been unveiled then Wii U probably has had through out its existence, it's a planned strategy.

I disagree. It seems to me that all the hype it's getting is from WiiU owners who are hoping that the NX won't be another disaster for Ninty. Sure, Vita owners hype vita games all the time, but look at the sales. I don't think that's a good strategy. You think gamers who don't frequent on vg websites/forums have even heard of NX?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
bigtakilla said:

AMD would have to ship their products before they get paid. They don't get paid when we buy the consoles. This pretty much shows the mass production of NX's will start second half of 2016.

No, AMD wil get paid when a contract is negotiated, then the chip will go into development, then after that Nintendo will receve the chips and production on the console can start.

Odds are Nintendo may have a few for denomstration purposes (E3) and that's it.

naruball said:
Wyrdness said:

It's been planned to be like this from the beginning, they knew Wii U was a lost cause so they let the cat out the bag last year to cause people to be speculating at every turn. NX probably has more attention now before it's even been unveiled then Wii U probably has had through out its existence, it's a planned strategy.

I disagree. It seems to me that all the hype it's getting is from WiiU owners who are hoping that the NX won't be another disaster for Ninty. Sure, Vita owners hype vita games all the time, but look at the sales. I don't think that's a good strategy. You think gamers who don't frequent on vg websites/forums have even heard of NX?

Agreed, and they think Nintendo can announce it at E3 then launch it 5 months later. I hear a bomb dropping. Nintendo is not Sony or the Playstation. Even if the NX innovation is mindblowing they will need more time to advertise.

bigtakilla said:
naruball said:

Agreed, and they think Nintendo can announce it at E3 then launch it 5 months later. I hear a bomb dropping. Nintendo is not Sony or the Playstation. Even if the NX innovation is mindblowing they will need more time to advertise.

You don't need 5 months to advertise. I don't remember any Wii TV commercials or true mass marketing to (trade shows and what not don't count) until about October 2006. 

The bigger problem for Nintendo is it's more likely the NX will be an interesting/neat system but nothing that mind blowing. Ideas that revolutionize the business don't just grow on trees, they come at their own pace, you can't manufacture a revolution. But that probably isn't going to change for Nintendo whether it launches in 2016 or 2017 or 2025. 

JRPGfan said:
bigtakilla said:

the question is...

How long does it take Nintendo, to put some chips into some motherboards, and a pretty package, and start shipping to shops?

If it takes them more than half a year, then you wont see a NX console in 2016.

If they can do it faster than that.... then you might see the NX in 2016 in shops.

Production of console usually starts around 2 months before release. So that means if NX is launching in middle of November, mass production needs to start in September-Oktober.

bigtakilla said:
naruball said:

Nintendo not being Sony or Microsoft is not good argument at all. Nothing stops Nintendo revile NX sometime before E3, than has full blown up with NX games on NX and release it 5 months late. 5 months is more than enuf time to advertise it.