By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AMD Confirms Nintendo NX 2016 Launch?

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:
naruball said:

I disagree. It seems to me that all the hype it's getting is from WiiU owners who are hoping that the NX won't be another disaster for Ninty. Sure, Vita owners hype vita games all the time, but look at the sales. I don't think that's a good strategy. You think gamers who don't frequent on vg websites/forums have even heard of NX?

Agreed, and they think Nintendo can announce it at E3 then launch it 5 months later. I hear a bomb dropping. Nintendo is not Sony or the Playstation. Even if the NX innovation is mindblowing they will need more time to advertise.

You don't need 5 months to advertise. I don't remember any Wii TV commercials or true mass marketing to (trade shows and what not don't count) until about October 2006. 

The bigger problem for Nintendo is it's more likely the NX will be an interesting/neat system but nothing that mind blowing. Ideas that revolutionize the business don't just grow on trees, they come at their own pace, you can't manufacture a revolution. But that probably isn't going to change for Nintendo whether it launches in 2016 or 2017 or 2025. 

It was revealed a year and a half before release, word gets around.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:
naruball said:

I disagree. It seems to me that all the hype it's getting is from WiiU owners who are hoping that the NX won't be another disaster for Ninty. Sure, Vita owners hype vita games all the time, but look at the sales. I don't think that's a good strategy. You think gamers who don't frequent on vg websites/forums have even heard of NX?

Agreed, and they think Nintendo can announce it at E3 then launch it 5 months later. I hear a bomb dropping. Nintendo is not Sony or the Playstation. Even if the NX innovation is mindblowing they will need more time to advertise.

You don't need 5 months to advertise. I don't remember any Wii TV commercials or true mass marketing to (trade shows and what not don't count) until about October 2006. 

The bigger problem for Nintendo is it's more likely the NX will be an interesting/neat system but nothing that mind blowing. Ideas that revolutionize the business don't just grow on trees, they come at their own pace, you can't manufacture a revolution. But that probably isn't going to change for Nintendo whether it launches in 2016 or 2017 or 2025. 

That doesnt works any more, do you think today people will hype for console that will be released for 18 months!? For 18 months they will forget about NX, and Wii U/3DS sales will be totally dead.

Sony and MS showed how to proper revile, market and revile console in single year, that is right thing to do.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

That doesnt works any more, do you think today people will hype for console that will be released for 18 months!? For 18 months they will forget about NX, and Wii U/3DS sales will be totally dead.

Sony and MS showed how to proper revile, market and revile console in single year, that is right thing to do.

But that's exactly the point. They can't put Nintendo or Wii on the box and expect it to sell. To even have a single sliver of hope they are going to have to innovate to the point of people not being able to resist the console (possible but unlikely), or they are going to have to fully answer two questions gamers have about NX:

1: What it is.

2:Why should I give a crap.

If these aren't answered they may as well waited until 2019 when the other consoles start their next gen.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

But that's exactly the point. They can't put Nintendo or Wii on the box and expect it to sell. To even have a single sliver of hope they are going to have to innovate to the point of people not being able to resist the console (possible but unlikely), or they are going to have to fully answer two questions gamers have about NX:

If these aren't answered they may as well waited until 2019 when the other consoles start their next gen.

But they will give answers on those questions in next couple of months. So I really dont see whats your point?

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

But they will give answers on those questions in next couple of months. So I really dont see whats your point?

How long it takes from the time those get answered until wrd can spread around to people who don't pay attention or care about anything Nintendo.

Around the Network

The Wii U had like two full E3s before it was released.

Meanwhile the Playstation 4 and even XBox One were unveiled 6 months prior to launch and both have solid to great sales.

Nintendo's issue is not when they launch, it's their overall product execution. The Wii U has tons of time, and it still bombed.

Honestly I don't think even Nintendo themselves deep down expects to make something that will dethrone the PS4. 

What likely is happening is they have to replace the 3DS this year, and since NX is probably a unified platform, that means effectively it replaces both as a product line and that's A-OK for Nintendo since the Wii U has sold like hot garbage anyway. So they can't the "must do" out of the way in replacing the 3DS, and replacing the Wii U is just a nice bonus. 

Soundwave said:

Meanwhile the Playstation 4 and even XBox One were unveiled 6 months prior to launch and both have solid to great sales.

Nintendo's issue is not when they launch, it's their overall product execution. The Wii U has tons of time, and it still bombed.

Honestly I don't think even Nintendo themselves deep down expects to make something that will dethrone the PS4. 

What likely is happening is they have to replace the 3DS this year, and since NX is probably a unified platform, that means effectively it replaces both as a product line and that's A-OK for Nintendo since the Wii U has sold like hot garbage anyway. So they can't the "must do" out of the way in replacing the 3DS, and replacing the Wii U is just a nice bonus. 

Strange... Do you live in an alternate universe, because here's a video of the PS4 being revealed Feb 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrtO1x8pSo

And the console didn't release until Nov... That seems like a bit longer than 6 months....

Xbone's released 6 months till and boy what a fantastic launch that was. ;)

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

Strange... Do you live in an alternate universe, because here's a video of the PS4 being revealed Feb 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPrtO1x8pSo

And the console didn't release until Nov... That seems like a bit longer than 6 months....

Xbone's released 6 months till and boy what a fantastic launch that was. ;)

Honestly all these "rules" you guys try to push are stupid. It comes down to execution. There is no magic number of months before launch of unveiling a console that gives you a successful product. 

There's a good chance NX "fails" no matter what. Because every one of their home consoles since the NES has been losing marketshare outside of the Wii miracle for a couple of years, but this a 30-year trend otherwise and quite honestly maybe they simply can't compete with a home console industry that's much, much more different today than it was in say 1990 when Nintendo defined everything about consoles. 

If they don't have some amazing new idea with the console NX, odds are it'll probably sell about the same as the Wii U (really crappy), GameCube (crappy), or if they're really lucky, the N64 (not crappy, just dissapointing). Doesn't really matter much when they launch. 

The plus side to launching earlier is the sooner they launch, the sooner the NX product line matures and the sooner it can start contributing to high-end profits, which I think Nintendo is anxious to get back to. They need that portable NX to start driving revenue. 

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

How long it takes from the time those get answered until wrd can spread around to people who don't pay attention or care about anything Nintendo.

Only few months is more than enuf, but reality is that Nintendo probably will revile NX around 6 monts before launch, more than enuf time. And you are wrong if you think that console gaming community is not aware at all of NX, basically now you have almost any NX rumor like big news.

I hope they do release it at the end of the year. I'm ready to enjoy a Nintendo console again.