By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How has your PS3 experience been?

Kwaad said:
All I gotta say is motorstorm online, however I wont be home much for the next... long long LONG time... so meh, not much gaming for me. :(

Welcome back, Kwaad. I thought you had sworn this place off.

Around the Network

getting used to the damn NGS controls with the demo. some motorstorm, some lemings.

counting the days till 300 hits BR. 

Yeah, I'm using my PS3 for media center / Blu-ray capabilities, PS2 games, and Oblivion / Motorstorm. Getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma when that comes out and Heavenly Sword when that gets released. Folklore and White Knight Story looks freakin' awesome too. Of course Final Fantasy XIII is coming out. As far as regular people not telling the difference between HD discs and SD DVD, I show non technically inclined people all the time and they are amazed by the difference. Unfortunately, many people (not us on the forums) are misinformed about HDTV, but are amazed when they actually see the true power of their flat screens that they bought for the big game to one up their neighbor.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Crazyglues said:

sieanr - I don't know why you locked my topic (To Me PS3 sucks right now, and I don't know about you but I think it sucks) I didn't even get a chance to respond to the people who asked questions. Like what am I playing on 360..

But I forgive you because I like what you had to say. It was very well written and put together - and is exactly how I feel about the way the PS3 thing is going.

I do feel a price cut will probably come, and that's why I talked about selling it and getting it later. But now I have decided to just keep it. Even though the price cut will probably be 100 off and then I can get another 100 by using the Sony Credit card so that would be another $100 which would be a much sweeter price at $400 dollars, but I guess it's really no big deal.

I have just been buying so much games that I started wondering should I sell and come back to PS3 later - Like for Xbox 360 I'm playing- PGR3 yes I still play that, Battlefield 2 which I was just playing the other day - Crackdown- Loved it, Gears of War, GRAW -2 -Awesome game - Rainbow six -Vegas, Nevermind the beta's - Forza Motorsport 2, it's ok - C &C 3: Tiberium Wars-not my cup of tea but another game none the less, and of course HALO 3 beta which I have not been able to step away from.

These days my 360 is on all the time except when I had to send it back because of the 3 red lights, the rings of death... LoL but since I got a new one back it's been on every day. And that's my point, I'm playing it all the time, can't say that about my PS3 and I think that could come around to bite Sony in the Ass.

It's like when people ask me what to get I tell them pick up a 360. It's where the games Are. And I would believe other people feel the same way, even sony fans, I know I do. Don't get me wrong I still love the PS3 over the Xbox 360, I just don't love it that much right now.

This is a serious lack of games for a system that's been out for 7 months... To me this is a good discussion, but I don't feel Sony fans are telling the truth on there Sony experience because I mean what are you really playing. I don't do much with mine and I can't see anyone else doing much with their's.

I still Love the system it's amazing, but the launch has really been a let down. it's been 7 months and good games are still almost 7 months away - Ouch! As far as blu-ray player, ...LoL That's just funny.

I bet you right now if you put to plasma's next to each other in the store, one playing a blu-ray and one playing a dvd, 9 out of 10 people would not be able to tell which one is which? It's great for games but for Movies I don't know why anyone would even waste money getting a blu-ray movie. Unless your a tech geek.

Dear Sony, I love ya, I don't know what you can do, but please do something - Get the beta's out to everyone because Right now I have nothing to do on the system. And yeah you got some good stuff coming - but if the ship is sinking - Can you really afford to wait.

sieanr is not a moderator, but I am.  I apologize, I did not state why I locked your topic...it seriously slipped my mind.  I locked your topic because it's title was just begging for a flame war.  Your title stated that the PS3 sucked, and I'm sorry, but a title like that is uncalled for.  I thought it would turn into a flame war with a title like that, so I was going to suggest to restart the thread under a more appropriate title.

I apologize for the lack of communication.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Having more fun with the PS3 than I did with the XBox 360, which BTW died. Games I own: Resistance, Motorstorm and Oblivion. PSN: Super Ruba Dub, Fl0w, Blast Factor and Lemmings. Will most likely get: Rachet and Clank Future, Lair, LittleBigPlanet, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, GTA IV and Killzone. Also interested in MGS, Ape Escape and UT3. Looking forward to Home as well!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
Kwaad said:
All I gotta say is motorstorm online, however I wont be home much for the next... long long LONG time... so meh, not much gaming for me. :(

Welcome back, Kwaad. I thought you had sworn this place off.

Crazyglues, if I was a mod Kwaad wouldn't be back, lol

And online is the only thing that gives motorstorm legs

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

BenKenobi88 said:
Crazyglues said:

sieanr - I don't know why you locked my topic (To Me PS3 sucks right now, and I don't know about you but I think it sucks) I didn't even get a chance to respond to the people who asked questions. Like what am I playing on 360..

But I forgive you because I like what you had to say. It was very well written and put together - and is exactly how I feel about the way the PS3 thing is going.

I do feel a price cut will probably come, and that's why I talked about selling it and getting it later. But now I have decided to just keep it. Even though the price cut will probably be 100 off and then I can get another 100 by using the Sony Credit card so that would be another $100 which would be a much sweeter price at $400 dollars, but I guess it's really no big deal.

I have just been buying so much games that I started wondering should I sell and come back to PS3 later - Like for Xbox 360 I'm playing- PGR3 yes I still play that, Battlefield 2 which I was just playing the other day - Crackdown- Loved it, Gears of War, GRAW -2 -Awesome game - Rainbow six -Vegas, Nevermind the beta's - Forza Motorsport 2, it's ok - C &C 3: Tiberium Wars-not my cup of tea but another game none the less, and of course HALO 3 beta which I have not been able to step away from.

These days my 360 is on all the time except when I had to send it back because of the 3 red lights, the rings of death... LoL but since I got a new one back it's been on every day. And that's my point, I'm playing it all the time, can't say that about my PS3 and I think that could come around to bite Sony in the Ass.

It's like when people ask me what to get I tell them pick up a 360. It's where the games Are. And I would believe other people feel the same way, even sony fans, I know I do. Don't get me wrong I still love the PS3 over the Xbox 360, I just don't love it that much right now.

This is a serious lack of games for a system that's been out for 7 months... To me this is a good discussion, but I don't feel Sony fans are telling the truth on there Sony experience because I mean what are you really playing. I don't do much with mine and I can't see anyone else doing much with their's.

I still Love the system it's amazing, but the launch has really been a let down. it's been 7 months and good games are still almost 7 months away - Ouch! As far as blu-ray player, ...LoL That's just funny.

I bet you right now if you put to plasma's next to each other in the store, one playing a blu-ray and one playing a dvd, 9 out of 10 people would not be able to tell which one is which? It's great for games but for Movies I don't know why anyone would even waste money getting a blu-ray movie. Unless your a tech geek.

Dear Sony, I love ya, I don't know what you can do, but please do something - Get the beta's out to everyone because Right now I have nothing to do on the system. And yeah you got some good stuff coming - but if the ship is sinking - Can you really afford to wait.

sieanr is not a moderator, but I am. I apologize, I did not state why I locked your topic...it seriously slipped my mind. I locked your topic because it's title was just begging for a flame war. Your title stated that the PS3 sucked, and I'm sorry, but a title like that is uncalled for. I thought it would turn into a flame war with a title like that, so I was going to suggest to restart the thread under a more appropriate title.

I apologize for the lack of communication.

Oh ok thank you for clearing that up... I see, no Problem.

Well ive enjoyed every game i bought for the ps3 which is 5 so far :P But online play in motorstorm and R:FoM get a bit boring, so havent been playing it much recently. So the ps3 system is great, but like everyone already knows....no games. But i use it for watching movies and listening to music so i get plenty of use out of it just not the use i planning on

souixan said:
Tispower said:
I'd agree with most of that. It is well built (imo Sony products are better built than Microsoft and probably Nintendo). Also the online service need some improving, especially the UK PSN store compared to the US one. Also there is definately the need for some more games, so far there is only really Motorstorm, R:FOM, and GT HD. Also the lack of rumble is slightly annoying, but the freedom of a wireless controller easily makes up for that.

UK everything in the videogame world tends to need a little more sadly.(thankfully I don't live there)

They're all wireless honestly, I kinda like wired controllers because I don't gotta worry about batteries recharging or running out mid play. But meh most people seem to disagree with me.

Good games, it definatly needs more, the problem is cost. It's more cost effective to multi console or go exclusive on PS2/Wii PS3 is probably gonna hurt from this for a while except for a few exclusives which currently will have a hard time turning profit inhibiting future exclusive titles.

As far as better then nintendo? I'd have to strongly disagree with this. I have yet to see a working PS1(that would be the mini console) or PS(the original) which is what 13 years old? Yet I know of at least 20 working NES consoles that have never been worked on. That's what 22 years? Sony products are laughably simple to break I'm sorry.

As far as my PS3 experience, it's pretty bland, I purchased 2 games with it, Real time weapon changes & motorstorm. I sold both off and bought other stuff. My PS3 is pretty much sitting next to my Elite and Wii collecting dust as sad as that makes me. (I'll admit that I'm strongly biased to Nintendo and always will be but I like the others too)

With reference to your comments about the NES and PS1, I would say that's probably more to do with cartridge technology being more robust than CD-ROMs, more moving parts for example (did the NES have any?).

OT, I do think that the PS3 has very good pontential, and although nothing is ever future-proof, Sony have done a good job at that. Also I find having a media centre very useful, and if you have a nice TV (although I don't), you might aswell make useof it, by using functions that would have been done on a very likely smaller computer screen. Also the PS3 starts up than any of our computers, so if you need to do something as quick as possible, vcopying files, internet, viewing pictures etc, it's easier to do so on a PS3. Also with a standard HD, and internet, Sony could do some very clever stuff with firmware updates. Heres a list of the stuff that should appear in version 2.00: http://www.psu.com/node/10962#

As you can see, it's a pretty impressive lsit of new features, some more useful than others. Few of them listed below:

- Wallpaper feature has been added.

- XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) is now accessible during gameplay.

- You can now have multiple chat sessions.
- You can now select an image to use as your Avatar from [Photo].

- Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles.

- [Energy Saver] has been added as an option.
- [Equalizer] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].

- You can now password-protect user accounts.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

My PS3 experience has been very positive so far. I love seeing the weekly sales figures and the stacks of them piled up in stores. Excellent, top notch, keep it up! :0D Oh, I know i shouldn't but I just can't resist...indulge me!!