By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How has your PS3 experience been?

I got my PS3 about 2 weeks after it came out. I own 4 games; Ridge Racer 7,  Resistance, Oblivion, and Motorstorm.  I have also purchased Calling All Cars, Blast Factor, and Mortal Kombat II.

now for some quick thoughts 

Resistance blew me away - it was also the main reason i got a PS3

Motorstorm - has gotten dull now but new downloadable content thats coming should help a lot

Oblivion -  when i first got it was extremely addicted. but now  I havent played it in over 3 weeks

Calling all Cars - absolutely brilliant !  the split screen online was the big cherry on top for me

Home - I just can not wait!!  this is what is going to differiante the PS3 from the 360

MK2 online - best $5 I spent in a LONG time

Media Center - yup its the centerpiece. i use it to play blu-ray, dvds, mp3s, and share photos with friends.

wish list

home to get here

XMB accesible in-game

well firmware 2.0 in general

Lair

EndWar

dislikes/disappointments

the charging via the console, there is a nice 4 controller charger coming soon that plugs into the wall

no xmb in-game

madden / nba 2k

no adapter to get guitar hero 2 working 

Around the Network

I bought my PS3 with RR7 and Genji. Didnt take the recommended Resistance, coz I felt that FPS genre was more for keyboard/mouse. RR7 was great, played it every night, solo and online. Genji was kinda crappy after Wowing at the graphics. Then I bought Gundam Musou( I love dynasty warriors). Gundam Musou was disappointing as the gundams were slow and retarded. My 4th game I bought was Resistance, coz there were just so many ppl recommending it. It was ok in the beginning..... Now I am hooked!! I think most ppl get disappointed because of themselves. They search for every info and hyped it so much that..... the game didnt live up to their self built expectation.

Silver_Z said:
I bought my PS3 with RR7 and Genji. Didnt take the recommended Resistance, coz I felt that FPS genre was more for keyboard/mouse. RR7 was great, played it every night, solo and online. Genji was kinda crappy after Wowing at the graphics. Then I bought Gundam Musou( I love dynasty warriors). Gundam Musou was disappointing as the gundams were slow and retarded. My 4th game I bought was Resistance, coz there were just so many ppl recommending it. It was ok in the beginning..... Now I am hooked!! I think most ppl get disappointed because of themselves. They search for every info and hyped it so much that..... the game didnt live up to their self built expectation.

Since when was any Dynasty Warrior games blessed with intelligent AI?