By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How has your PS3 experience been?

I'm enjoying myself. MKII online is awesome, same with Calling All Cars. I win to easily in Motorstorm because people are to stupid and dont realize where all the short cuts are so im waiting on the update. Resistance.. is amazing. I love playing it against my fellow PSU staff members.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Tispower said:
souixan said:
Tispower said:
I'd agree with most of that. It is well built (imo Sony products are better built than Microsoft and probably Nintendo). Also the online service need some improving, especially the UK PSN store compared to the US one. Also there is definately the need for some more games, so far there is only really Motorstorm, R:FOM, and GT HD. Also the lack of rumble is slightly annoying, but the freedom of a wireless controller easily makes up for that.

UK everything in the videogame world tends to need a little more sadly.(thankfully I don't live there)

They're all wireless honestly, I kinda like wired controllers because I don't gotta worry about batteries recharging or running out mid play. But meh most people seem to disagree with me.

Good games, it definatly needs more, the problem is cost. It's more cost effective to multi console or go exclusive on PS2/Wii PS3 is probably gonna hurt from this for a while except for a few exclusives which currently will have a hard time turning profit inhibiting future exclusive titles.

As far as better then nintendo? I'd have to strongly disagree with this. I have yet to see a working PS1(that would be the mini console) or PS(the original) which is what 13 years old? Yet I know of at least 20 working NES consoles that have never been worked on. That's what 22 years? Sony products are laughably simple to break I'm sorry.

As far as my PS3 experience, it's pretty bland, I purchased 2 games with it, Real time weapon changes & motorstorm. I sold both off and bought other stuff. My PS3 is pretty much sitting next to my Elite and Wii collecting dust as sad as that makes me. (I'll admit that I'm strongly biased to Nintendo and always will be but I like the others too)

With reference to your comments about the NES and PS1, I would say that's probably more to do with cartridge technology being more robust than CD-ROMs, more moving parts for example (did the NES have any?).

OT, I do think that the PS3 has very good pontential, and although nothing is ever future-proof, Sony have done a good job at that. Also I find having a media centre very useful, and if you have a nice TV (although I don't), you might aswell make useof it, by using functions that would have been done on a very likely smaller computer screen. Also the PS3 starts up than any of our computers, so if you need to do something as quick as possible, vcopying files, internet, viewing pictures etc, it's easier to do so on a PS3. Also with a standard HD, and internet, Sony could do some very clever stuff with firmware updates. Heres a list of the stuff that should appear in version 2.00: http://www.psu.com/node/10962#

As you can see, it's a pretty impressive lsit of new features, some more useful than others. Few of them listed below:

- Wallpaper feature has been added.

- XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) is now accessible during gameplay.

- You can now have multiple chat sessions.
- You can now select an image to use as your Avatar from [Photo].

- Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles.

- [Energy Saver] has been added as an option.
- [Equalizer] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].

- You can now password-protect user accounts.

Well yes no moving parts is a massive advantage, but even the Gamecube was far more Hearty then the PS2. And sony had the advantage there, PS2 being it's second venture into CD based systems and Gamecube being nintendos first.

I've enjoyed Resistance and Motorstorm very much on my ps3, and the downloadable game calling all cars is a blast. I don't play it all the time as I'm busy and have other things to do. I am getting a little bit bored with only resistance and motorstorm, but i need to buy a new game anyways and i could buy oblivion if i had the money. The ps3 is a great multimedia machine that is well built with a few good games so far, but more good games are coming this summer and fall and then it will be awesome.

Bad. I'm still drinking lots of water to get that foul taste of Sonic the Hedgehog out of my mouth. It's just not working. I've tried everything. I've tried sucking on candy. Didn't work. I've tried eating some salty pretzals. Didn't work. Nothing works. I don't know what to do. That foul taste is still in my mouth. The worst of it is over. I resold the stupid game, and my PS3 is sitting in my closet. I've been waiting for the game for two years. Two freaking years. And it slapped me on my face (both cheeks) about 14 times. Worst Sonic game ever. MGS4 better not suck, I'm serious.

FOR ME THE PS3 HAS BEEN AN OKAY EXPERIENCE. I MAINLY USE IT FOR MULTIMEDIA RATHER THAN GAMING SINCE THE LACK OF GAMES IM INTERESTED IN. SONY GAMERS DAY DID LEFT ME EXCITED THOUGH. I PLAY THE 360 AND WII GAMES MORE THAN PS3 HOWEVER THAT MAY CHANGED IN 08 SINCE I SEE NO REALLY GOOD TITILES EXCLUSIVES TO 360 IN 08 EXCEPT FOR BANJO 3. PS3 IN 08 GRAN TURISMO 5, METAL GEAR SOLID 4 AND FINAL FANTASY 13

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Bad. I'm still drinking lots of water to get that foul taste of Sonic the Hedgehog out of my mouth. It's just not working. I've tried everything. I've tried sucking on candy. Didn't work. I've tried eating some salty pretzals. Didn't work. Nothing works. I don't know what to do. That foul taste is still in my mouth. The worst of it is over. I resold the stupid game, and my PS3 is sitting in my closet. I've been waiting for the game for two years. Two freaking years. And it slapped me on my face (both cheeks) about 14 times. Worst Sonic game ever. MGS4 better not suck, I'm serious.

you bought a PS3 for Sonic? why in the world would you buy the PS3 simply for sonic.

Why would I buy a PS3 for Sonic? Hmmm... Well, I bought my Genesis only for Sonic. But you are correct, I didn't buy the PS3 only for Sonic. I was exaggerating. The PS3 has Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, and many other great franchises. But to tell you the truth, I really thought Sonic was going to be the best game in the world. Come on... Sonic at 1080i resolution! I had no idea it would be such a bad game. And by the way, nowhere in my post does it say that I bought the PS3 only for Sonic. But come on now. It's Sonic. If Sonic for the PS3 was what it should have been, then it would have been worthy of a PS3 purchase, for that game only.

My PS3 and Wii experience is pretty slim as there are few games that are worth getting on either right now. Consoles always start off slow in the number of games that are really good. I use the PS3 to play PS2 games mostly. I really can't say which of the 3 consoles I play more it's really up to what game I'm playing so right now FF XII, Halo 3 Beta and Twilight Princess (Again) which means they are all being used nowadays...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

a.l.e.x59 said:
Why would I buy a PS3 for Sonic? Hmmm... Well, I bought my Genesis only for Sonic. But you are correct, I didn't buy the PS3 only for Sonic. I was exaggerating. The PS3 has Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, and many other great franchises. But to tell you the truth, I really thought Sonic was going to be the best game in the world. Come on... Sonic at 1080i resolution! I had no idea it would be such a bad game. And by the way, nowhere in my post does it say that I bought the PS3 only for Sonic. But come on now. It's Sonic. If Sonic for the PS3 was what it should have been, then it would have been worthy of a PS3 purchase, for that game only.

well, sonic is multiconsole and your entire post about why the ps3 let you down was based around sonic, so one could assume such things that you bought it for sonic.  You should have bought it for your 360 and waited for those games you mentioned.....i dont see how the PS3 could live up to expectations if all you wanted it for was sonic, hehe

Dolla Dolla said:
The PS3's game selection is just too small at the moment. And because of that, not many people have the console. My sister's boyfriend has it, and he brings it by the house sometimes to play on my 57 inch rear projection. I'd rather hook up my PS2 and play God of War 1/2 or Shadow of the Colossus, or even Lego Star Wars with my nephew. The game offering is just too small. It will get better eventually, though.

Yea it is too small, but games are comin and so far, my ps3 experiance hasnt been that good, thats why i still play my xbox. But i wont be once warhawk comes out