By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The state of XBOX: Uncharted Collection outselling Halo 5

Tagged games:

Everyone is going on about user base and bundled when really this is a remastered collection that's what makes it impressive. While Halo is a new game, and it's not like the Uncharted bundle was the only one people had to choose from.

Really!

And as for the user base I would say it's actually not doing as well when compared to Halo.

Around the Network

Not to speak to either game's quality, but I can't see how it can be denied that bundling played at least part of a factor. I mean...I picked up the Uncharted bundle on Black Friday, and haven't even touched the game yet. It was just a good value to me...and the other PS4 bundles weren't quite as appealing.

I definitely might enjoy it...but it's really not a game I planned to pick up on its own.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Userbase.

Halo 2's attach rate is 35.4 percent. Halo 5's attach rate is currently 13.8. It's not userbase related.

Ruler said:
Eddie_Raja said:

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I just noticed that a remasted collection on PS4 is outselling the latest Halo!!!  I understand one is bundled and the other is on a lesser-selling system but good lord this tells you the state of things!

It's 3.42 vs 3.37 million copies sold.  This is just crazy to me, and should tell you how much bigger Uncharted 4 will prove to be.  I think we can safely say Sony finally has a bigger series than Halo, or at least now it's comparible.

Thoughts?

granturismo was always bigger actually

I should have said "Action Series", but yes you are right.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

AlfredoTurkey said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Userbase.

Halo 2's attach rate is 35.4 percent. Halo 5's attach rate is currently 13.8. It's not userbase related.

Bingo.  I really do think this series is starting to lose steam.

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Bingo.  I really do think this series is starting to lose steam.

The only chance it had to retain some of it's clout was if Bungie kept making it with the original staff and put their hearts into it. Once 343 took over, the whole thing went down hill. COD played a huge roll as well, but far less than people think because COD plays completely different. It's like saying Resident Evil took sales away from Syphon Filter. lol

PowerGamer said:
Protendo said:

On topic:

This all time low was achieved with a much higher user base.

And Halo 3 had no bundle, but let these people tell it the user base is to blame lol. Halo 5 just flopped.

I hate to use infammitory words like "flopped", but relatively speaking it seems somewhat true.   It looks like this could end up selling 50-60% of Halo 4.  However this is a rated T game and so it will likely be heavily bundled down the line if sales fall off a cliff (Allowing it to sell a bit better than otherwise).

Sometime this forum is like the comments section on N4G. The thread ignores some info.
Yes it is beating Halo but NDC was the only disconted bundle on BF so it's not like people bought the bundle because of NDC, they bought it because of price.

Having said that, would anybody ever of predicted that this could happen even being the BF bundle?

Swordmasterman said:

I Dont know if there still this lot of people making piracy of new Tittles, this is  Evil, the games have Big discount on PC, Piracy only is good for dont let old titles die, not to own a game that is less than 20-40 Bucks, only because you dont want (but can) pay.

Keep in mind in average kids/teenager gets like 50 bucks/month pocket money or something like this. So 40 bucks for a game is still alot. Just check torrent and other pirating website, they oftent track downloads. And often their are about 100´ thousands downloads just on one site for a new game.

There was also done a test some time ago with a small indie game that tracks pirated versions. 85% of all versions got pirated.

NobleTeam360 said:

I don't know why people act impressed by Uncharted collection sales when it was heavily bundled over the holiday with PS4 consoles.

Also, how many games do they really have to choose between?