By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The state of XBOX: Uncharted Collection outselling Halo 5

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
JNK said:

both are bundled

Not all bundling is equal.

Especially when the Halo 5 bundle cost significantly more than a non-Halo 5 bundle.

Doesn't matter both were bundled and Halo is sipposed to be bigger. YOu people act like there were not more attractive bundles for the PS4. The game sold better separately since the bundle is out of stock and according to VGC is still outselling Halo both globally and in the U.S. Fatcs are the facts and can not be disputed. The fact is that the Uncharted collection is outselling Halo 5, which is MS biggest franchise.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Not sure if trolling...  Unchated 2/3 had a genre defining 12-16 hour campaign that was incredibly replayable, and excellent MP/Co-Op.  Even Uncharted 1 / Abyss had a 8-12 hour campaign worth going through NG+. 

Uncharted 3 is as long as Uncharted 1, if not shorter. And even then Uncharted 3 takes a step back in main story replayability by not allowing customizable characters in campaign, unlike U1 and U2. Sure, it has multiplayer, but strictly speaking about the campaign, it really isn't better than U1.

As for the thread itself, bundles helped Uncharted a lot. Then again, Sony has always been more clever at bundling than Microsoft, so it's not strange to see MS' main franchise take a beat because of questionable marketing/release strategies. I don't know if Halo 5 will keep its momentum and eventually outsold the Nathan Drake Collection.

Uncharted never had customizable characters so what are you talking about? id you even play the game before?

PowerGamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:
JNK said:

both are bundled

Not all bundling is equal.

Especially when the Halo 5 bundle cost significantly more than a non-Halo 5 bundle.

Doesn't matter both were bundled and Halo is sipposed to be bigger. YOu people act like there were not more attractive bundles for the PS4. The game sold better separately since the bundle is out of stock and according to VGC is still outselling Halo both globally and in the U.S. Fatcs are the facts and can not be disputed. The fact is that the Uncharted collection is outselling Halo 5, which is MS biggest franchise.

A game that was bundled significantly means nothing. So Wii sports sold 80 million, meaning its the best sellling game ever? Exactly. It was bundled like hell. You can't compare. Uncharted sold almost nothing if you remove the bundle's.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Protendo said:

On topic:

This all time low was achieved with a much higher user base.

And Halo 3 had no bundle, but let these people tell it the user base is to blame lol. Halo 5 just flopped.

PowerGamer said:
Protendo said:

On topic:

And Halo 3 had no bundle, but let these people tell it the user base is to blame lol. Halo 5 just flopped.

Are you sure about that? I remember buying a Halo Special Edition 360 bundle for my brother.

Around the Network

It's heavily bundled... I don't think there's much more to say than that?

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

lol, isn't the Halo 5 bundle like $500?

Meanwhile the NDC bundle was a discounted holiday bundle which accounts for most of its sales.

And PS4 has a much higher userbase.

Silly sales comparison is silly.

Protendo said:
PowerGamer said:
Protendo said:

On topic:

Are you sure about that? I remember buying a Halo Special Edition 360 bundle for my brother.

there was indeed a halo 3 bundle

PowerGamer said:
Protendo said:

On topic:

You do realize competition in the market was scarce? COD 4 was the first big one COD, and didn't come out till November of 2007. 

Halo 4 declined 50% on a userbase that was 4-5 times larger. And say what you like, but digital does at least improve things a little.

Also, the bundle did less than 150k. That was a flop.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Random_Matt said:
Never understood the fascination in uncharted, games are so short. In that respect they are not worth the full retail prices in my opinion.

8-10 hours is "so short" now? I'd consider that average length. Plus, that point is kind of moot for Uncharted 2 and 3 since they have fairly robust multiplayer.