By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The state of XBOX: Uncharted Collection outselling Halo 5

Tagged games:

Very sad to see the current situation of the gaming industry

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

And yet what cause those high sales: bundles, especially during the holidays. Once Sony is done with the Uncharted bundles the collection will fall off the cliff.

By the way Forza 6 is on track to outsell Forza 5, Forza 6 European sales even outsold lifetime sales of Forza 5 in Europe by now.

What do you mean with the Collection falling off a cliff when the bundle is done when:

UPDATE - 01/21/16 - 9:00am

AMAZON BEST SELLERS TOP 100

* UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection (Retail Game) - #10

* Halo 5: Guardians - #83

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the Ps4 bundle is at #152 ???

d21lewis said:
Swordmasterman said:

Wtf ?, Comparing Killzone's sales, with Halo, is the same that comparing Forza's sales, with Gran Turismo, this is not how this works, you need to compare Sony's biggest tittle, and Microsoft's biggest tittle, you will need to wait until Uncharted 4's sales, or Gran Turismo 7's sales, and then you compare it with Halo Sales, Halo 5, selling under 3.5 Millions until the end of the year, with predictions saying 7.5-10 Millions is really a shame, and i dont think that this Halo, will have big legs, because Microsoft, did not seems to want to push the sales, and Sony, already stopped of pushing Uncharted Collection's sales, now they will push Far Cry Primal, Street Fighter, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4, etc.

At this point, isn't Microsoft's biggest title called Minecraft?

is not, because Minecraft, is a Multiplataform title and need to stay multiplataform in order to give profit, they loss 2 Billions of US$ On minecraft, they need to sell some Digital content at 40US$ for a average of 65 Millions of users (if not in first party stores), in order to begin to make Profit, Because of this they are making a lot of things with Minecraft, and because of that they need to stay multiplataform, they dont have a Install base big enought with only the Xbox.

AEGRO said:

And yet what cause those high sales: bundles, especially during the holidays. Once Sony is done with the Uncharted bundles the collection will fall off the cliff.

By the way Forza 6 is on track to outsell Forza 5, Forza 6 European sales even outsold lifetime sales of Forza 5 in Europe by now.

What do you mean with the Collection falling off a cliff when the bundle is done when:

UPDATE - 01/21/16 - 9:00am

AMAZON BEST SELLERS TOP 100

* UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection (Retail Game) - #10

* Halo 5: Guardians - #83

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the Ps4 bundle is at #152 ???

You do know there are other retailers that isn't Amazon, right. There is Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop,etc that you can purchase video game software. Using Amazon for it just for software isn't the best idea.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
AEGRO said:

Bump.

AMAZON BEST SELLERS TOP 100 (01/21/16)

* UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection - #15

* Halo 5: Guardians - #86

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11#1

NPD:

Halo 5: 1.699 million

Uncharted Collection: 259K

LOL don't bother, you gotta ignore the obvious if it doesn't fit your agenda.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
d21lewis said:

At this point, isn't Microsoft's biggest title called Minecraft?

is not, because Minecraft, is a Multiplataform title and need to stay multiplataform in order to give profit, they loss 2 Billions of US$ On minecraft, they need to sell some Digital content at 40US$ for a average of 65 Millions of users (if not in first party stores), in order to begin to make Profit, Because of this they are making a lot of things with Minecraft, and because of that they need to stay multiplataform, they dont have a Install base big enought with only the Xbox.

You do know there are other ways to make a profit on Minecraft besides video games, right. Like toys and clothing products, hell there is even that education school program that will make Minecraft more aware for the next generation.

LOL your comment is too complicated to read below and no Forza 5 is not unsuccessful, it is a success. Remember that MS release Forza 6 one week earlier so those sales didn't count on Forza 6 first week sales. Also when did I ever stated that US or the rest of the world sales of F6 didn't matter? You are assuming things there, bud. Oh by the way when I read the part where you said " NPD is wrong" your comment gets thrown out the window.

@AEGRO here is an advise: stop using Amazon as your only source.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
AEGRO said:

NPD:

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Global Total as of 02nd Jan 2016 (units): 3.57m
Platform: PlayStation 4
Developer: Bluepoint Games Genre: Action

Halo 5: Guardians

Global Total as of 02nd Jan 2016 (units): 3.46m
Platform: Xbox One
Developer: 343 Industries Genre: Shooter

so Forza 5 Numbers were pretty sad, for a game that made a debut of less than 260K, and VG Chartz, states forza 5, at 2.13 Millions, and forza 6, at 1.24 Millions, they are on the same console, so the same digital attach rate, and the game only sold something because of the Bundle, and because of the promotions of Black friday, and Holidays, after that did not sold a thing, and is funny how USA, now became irrelevant just because Forza 6, is selling nearly the game that Forza 5, on Europe, but is selling less than half on the USA, and on the Rest of the World, and  i think that Forza 6, did not even charted on NPD.

if you think that something that is selling nearly nothing week by week, that is Forza 6, will outsell the last game and is selling good by his own, but without any reason to believe that it will out-sell the previous game, and something that is selling well week by week, and is charting on Vg chartz's global sales chart, that is selling more than Halo, you say that this is not a sucess ?, of course is a sucess, a Remaster is selling more than Halo, and the Remaster of Uncharted, is nearly out-selling Uncharted's first game, a Remaster, is nearly out-selling a main game of the Franchise, thi is like Halo Collection, selling more than 5 Millions of units, and you say that this is not a Sucess, because Sony, Brainwashed everyone's mind to purchase Uncharted Bundle ?.

Remaster sold 3.57 Millions, and is selling well week by week the gap between the first game is 1.35 Millions, Forza 6, is not selling well, only sold on Promotions, and the game stay 20 weeks without chart, and after that the game Chartz on a Random week,  just on Europe, and you say that is selling much.

Forza 6, have a gap of 860 thousands between forza 5, if you believe that Forza 6, will out-sell Forza 5, so you will also have to believe that Uncharted Collection, will out-sell Uncharted's first main game.

So with a Higher install base, a Forza, game sold less than the previous that was a Launch Tittle, so the Franchise that dont sell without bundle, is Forza, and not Uncharted, even if Uncharted Collection, or The Last of Us Remaster, did not had bundle, would still sell much more than Forza 6.

LudicrousSpeed said:
darkenergy said:

NPD:

LOL don't bother, you gotta ignore the obvious if it doesn't fit your agenda.

and this NPD, is wrong, because on NPD, Halo 5, sold less than 900 Thousands on the month of launch, but i dont remember Uncharted's numbers, but of course are bigger than 260k, is this is life-time sales as it seems to be, when Forza, is not selling on USA, "But is random charting on Europe", when some Xbox game, out-sell a Playstation game, on USA, "The rest of world does not matter", yes, does not matter for Microsoft, that have less than 7 Millions of consoles Worldwide, while Sony, have more than 23 Millions of Consoles worldwide, without USA.

Mr Puggsly said:
d21lewis said:
I own Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda for Xbox 360. I hear thode game sold incredibly well on that console but I have no idea why.

Yeah, its nuts.

Kinect Adventures also a mega hit. People forget its a bigger hit than all Uncharted games combined.

Uncharted 3 - 6.78m

Uncharted 2 - 6.67m

Uncharted Drakes fortune - 4.92m

Uncharted - Drake Collection - 3.57m

Uncharted Golden Abyss - 1.68m

23.58m combined retail sales compared to 21.75m pack-in copies of Kinect adventures.

Edit for clarification - Uncharted sales = 23.58m / Kinect adventure = 21.75m

Also this is retail copies of the games, I would think the uncharted games would have a far higher Digital:Retail ratio than the game which requires you to have a piece of hardware which includes the software as a pack-in for the most part on the X360.

Regarding the Lego indian jones, I never noticed just how much of a bundled title that was (even I have that double disk lol) but yeah see on the charts here the games under neath it's sales, Borderlands 1 + 2 both rate lower than it.... even Mass Effect 3 is lower in sales, Christ that is sad out.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

This thread has become nothing more then filled with stupidity.

Company A sells more games then Company B because they gave more out for free. Honestly use your heads, its quite clear the top selling PS4 bundle is there cheapest one, that happens to include NDC. Yes it sits on higher numbers then Halo 5 but it didn't sell more, it was given away more.

This has become nothing more then fanboys getting there rocks off because there favourite franchise has higher sales count then another high selling game.

How's this for the haters. Minecraft is the PS4s 3rd best selling game in the US and 4th biggest in EU. A Microsoft owned game.

My honest opinion is this...This thread should close.