By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do people love the Gamecube controller?

R4e45olStoppable said:

Because they love Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Basically. But it was really comfortable as well.  Looking back though, the Z button and d-pad were pretty bad. And today the ABXY is a problem for 2d platformers and any modern game that uses the SNES ABXY.

Whats weirder is I find the controller stick on the GamePad much easier to tilt in Smash than my old GC controller so I don't even use the GC controller for its main function anymore

Around the Network

It just rests so comfortably in my hands, it's like I'm one with the controller lol.

(Well, aside from the D-Pad. That thing was indeed pretty pointless.)

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

can it compete with "modern" wireless controllers? well, there were plenty of first and 3rd party wireless controllers for the cube. i think madcatz's and pelican's wirless controllers actually had less lag than the wavebird, but anyway...

it's intuitive. the big A button right next to the little B button...with the Z button in the corner, the whole thing was laid out so that buttons were in order of how much you would use them.

One word: Melee. Smash gave the controller reason, and in a way acted as a tutorial for how other games should be played with the controller.

It's so perfect. It fits your hands just perfectly, like it was meant to be there.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Around the Network

there are always exceptions. there are even people who strongly believe the n64 pad is the best ever. nintendo fanboys... or... proof of three armed interdimensional/aliens/mutantz living amongst us?

Hunting Season is done...

It was confortable.

Because.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

It's just so damn comfortable. It's not perfect and it could really use a bigger d pad, a left bumper, a bigger c stick, ect but overall I still think it's the most comfortable controller.

It's pretty comfortable, and the buttons are big, which I like.

The only game I really use with it though is Smash Bros.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."