By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do people love the Gamecube controller?

Why? Never owned an gamecube and just played it sometimes with friends. Whats so special about the controller? Can it really compete with modern, wireless controllers like dualshock 4, Xbox One Elite Controller and Wii U Pro Controller?

Around the Network

DAT analogue stick was just so... Perfect. Perfect feel and perfect resistance. The analogue triggers with clickers were also satisfying to use.

That said, pads have come a long way since then. At the time though the pad just felt right in a way neither Sega, Sony or Microsoft had managed at that time. For me at least.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I fucking despise the Gamecube controller. For me it is the worst controller only beaten by the Wiimote Ive had nothing but bad luck with it. Ive owned 8 GC controllers. All of them have stopped working for no reason whatsoever. Most of them were new officially licensed as well e.e I have had the worst luck with them for some reason

It was arguably the best controller of the 6th gen due to the comfortable analog sticks and shoulder triggers, and the Wavebird was the first wireless controller for a console that didn't suck.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

For me it´s great because it has the perfect button layout and it´s comfortable.

Around the Network

I didn't enjoy it much. Wasn't bad, but very awkward to use(however, the analogue stick and shoulder buttons were extremely comfortable).

The wii remote was less comfortable than the gamecube controller though. Unfortunately for me, I have big hands. Small tv remote-like controller+huge hands does not equal something good.

As for the gamepad, it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable for many games. Heck, it's worse than the Wii, especially for games such as Mario Kart.

The Wii U pro controller is(quite honestly) the best controller Nintendo has made in a while. Simple, efficient, good battery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Because is the only "normal" controller Nintendo mainly made for their home console excluding the NES/SNES ones...

My only gripe with it is the D-Pad. The buttons are so damn cool, and don't get started on the triggers!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

it's odd and atypical, but i find it to be very comfortable and well-designed. isn't that why certain controllers are preferred?

Hi

The layout and design is great and is really durable.. I still use them now and they all work fine

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]