By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's The Best Controller/Joystick This Gen?

Which one?

DualShock 4 119 56.67%

Xbox One Controller 43 20.48%

Wii U Gamepad 48 22.86%

Total:210

Last generation I believe most people prefered the the X360 controller over the others. However Wii Remote also got some praise for its innovation.

This gen it looks like a closer battle as I've seen many people choosing the Dualshock 4 due to its improvements, others prefer the Gamepad for its new gameplay possibities and off tv play, while some still think the XB1 controller is the best, etc.

Now that most of us already have a next (current) gen system I thought it would be a good time to ask this question: what's your favorite joystick/controller? Home consoles only (PS4/XB1/WiiU).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I like the joystick on the Gamepad most. The sticks on both other controllers feel too small and springy--very uncomfortable.

I'd say the Dualshock 4, I have no complaints about it.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Xbone controller. The second best controller of all time - the first, of course, being Gamcube's.

I'd give functionality to the WiiU Gamepad but I voted for the DS4. It's just perfect as a standard controller; wonderful ergonomics, great sticks/buttons, etc.

In any case, the XB1 controller is by far the worst to me. It feels like such a regression from the 360 controller as far as the comfort/sticks are concerned.

Around the Network

DS4 for me, dont have much complaints. Just matches my gaming needs for whatever i want.

Wii U gamepad is cool but i actually dont like it. Not fond of the analog joystick positions and the bulky shape.

Xbox ONE controller is good but my opinon is shallow because i havent played with the Xone controller much.

Xbox One Controller.
My only dislike is the D-Pad for fighters or platformers, its fine for other uses though.

With the exception of the Xbox One controller, they all excel at different things.

DS4 has best overall feel.
Wii-U game pad is the most versatile. I mean, any game controller that can not only turn on my TV, but adjust it's volume, switch it's source mode and also double as a game controller? That's pure win.
Wii-U Pro controller has the best battery life in a controller I have ever seen.

It may be the only console I don't have, but the X1's controller is fantastic. While I do like the PS4's touchpad thingy, I hate that light bar and the rubber on the sticks are starting to wear out on me. X1's triggers are really cool and the sticks feel better. The Wii U GamePad is cool too, though I don't like the placement of the face buttons and the shoulder and trigger buttons are meh. They all feel comfortable to hold to me, so that doesn't really factor into anything.

GamePad has a screen, it wins automatically.

jk, but I've mostly only spent time with PS4 and XB1 controllers in store displays, getting a feel for what it's like. I like the PS4 controller a lot, and the XB1 controller is fine but bulky. I have a Pro Controller, and I feel that if it didn't have a gloss finish, had analog triggers, and was made less cheaply (aka actually being worth its price), it would be my choice for best,

bet: lost