By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's The Best Controller/Joystick This Gen?

Which one?

DualShock 4 119 56.67%

Xbox One Controller 43 20.48%

Wii U Gamepad 48 22.86%

Total:210

If the dualshock 4's battery life weren't hilariously short I'd have been tempted to say it's the best of all time. The gamepad isn't bad, but it's so underutilized it feels wasted and cumbersome and has poor button placement. Xb1's controller is all right, but I'm one of the few that like the og xbox monster hands controller.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Arlo said:
I like the joystick on the Gamepad most. The sticks on both other controllers feel too small and springy--very uncomfortable.

I literally just compared them stick on top of stick and both the DS4 and Gamepad's sticks are the same exact size...

I guess it's the feel or the shape I don't like then.  Something just feels off about it.

Xbone's new controller is worse than it's older one.

I'm really digging Wii U pro controller over the gamepad though. Extremely comfortable, and gets the job done. It also has amazing battery life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

The PS4 controller feels like sex right in the palm of your hands.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

1) XB1: Don't have one but have used friends, it seems really comfortable and the best option for most games.

2) DS4: Not as comfortable to hold as the XBones but I do like the added touchpad & light features. They seem to only be utilized in exclusives tho so it's a bit limited.

3: Gamepad: Not comfortable at all & only use it if necessary. Also, the fact that it stays on when not in use is rather annoying.

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network

Gamepad is Great but battery is short

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Neither. WiiU Pro Controller. Very comfortable and the battery life is 80 hours, which is outstanding. I also love the Gamepad since it provides new ways of playing games, but the Pro Controller is the best traditional controller I've ever play with.

Cloudman said:
I'm so conflicted JJ... The title is "Which is the best controller/joystick?" but you also ask which is my fav... @_@ So I'll just answer both.

The best overall I feel safe in saying the PS4 is the best of the 3. It feels the most comfy to use.

As for my fav, I would say the gamepad. The screen opens up new ways to play games, which some games do make good use of it. And I can draw on it!!! So it gets my pick xD

Sorry, Cloud! I meant to say the best in your opinion. xD

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The DS4 feels perfect, yet the build quality is a bit disappointing.
Yes, my kids are bad (well just young) and drop the things a lot but out of four controllers:
- 2 have worn plastic on the analog sticks
- 1 share button doesn't click anymore (still works if you press hard)
- 1 touch pad button sticks
- 1 set of L2/R2 buttons stick (sometimes have to pull them loose again)
- 1 d-pad sticks
And I have recently found out that hot swapping one for another, the analog range is not always the same on the L2/R2 (using on PC)

The gamepad is very uncomfortable, cramping my hands in fast racing neo. The screen is nice, yet ergonomics are nowhere to be found.

The Xbox one controller is the best. The PS4 feels cheapy to me, and I hate the analog sticks. The only think thats better about it is the bumpers, though thats nothing to boast about...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).