By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Rich are You on a Global Scale?

What is your wealth position relative to the rest of the world?

top 0.1% 82 18.55%

top 1% 124 28.05%

top 5% 85 19.23%

top 10% 45 10.18%

top 25% 36 8.14%

50%-25% 26 5.88%

bottom 50% 44 9.95%

Total:442
danielrdp said:

Wow, If I lived in Brazil earning the same amount I do in England, I would be in the top 0.02%. The place where you live influences the final result. 

I was checking it myself. It converts for currency appreciation, but your statement seems incorrect. A income of 500,000 in England makes you something like the ~800,000th richest; and on Brazil, only the ~1,900,000th richest. That's because the Pound is worth much more than the Real.

Also, it seems like I'm getting some BS statistics, unless the monthly salary of a doctor on Kazakhstan is actually 58 US Dollars. A quick Google search tells me it is about 2,600 US Dollars.

Around the Network

top 0,08% but considering India and China make a lot of the population and their income isn't big that isn't much to brag about.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm sure it's quite a tricky calculation give we all earn / own in different currencies, and also cost / standard of living varies hugely. So I hope the background methodology in the calculator takes account of all the major factors.

Someone on the minimum wage here in ND ($14.75 NZD per hour) working a full time 40 hour week is in the top 8% globally. Shows you, I guess, anyone outside the top 5% of incomes is pretty much poor.

What's the minimum wage in your country purt someone at (remember to enter the income AFTER tax).

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Top 1.73%, and that doesn't account for the fact that I have zero debts and about 120.000 in the bank as well. I have little reason to complain!

Teeqoz said:
I'm 15, so used my parents numbers for fun. That puts "me" at 0.07% for income and 2.72% for wealth.

I live in Norway though, so I'm cheating

Yet they only buy you 6 games a year

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7680754

Around the Network

I am at 0,05% by income.

I must be doing something wrong, I can't be that high on the list

In "income" I put my country and local currency, but in annual income I don't get if I have to put it in dollars or my own currency

0.02% for income and 1.41% for wealth... I guess.

EDIT: Looks like everyone here is rich. So... celebrate, bitches!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Used my parents income and got 1.23%

Mummelmann said:
Top 1.73%, and that doesn't account for the fact that I have zero debts and about 120.000 in the bank as well. I have little reason to complain!

You might be better off choosing the *wealth* tab. because even someone making basically a paltry $30,000 a year in the US is at the top 1.23%.

Personally, I'm at 0.22% for the Income tab, but somewhere near 5% on the wealth tab.