By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Rich are You on a Global Scale?

What is your wealth position relative to the rest of the world?

top 0.1% 82 18.55%

top 1% 124 28.05%

top 5% 85 19.23%

top 10% 45 10.18%

top 25% 36 8.14%

50%-25% 26 5.88%

bottom 50% 44 9.95%

Total:442
cheshirescat said:
DonFerrari said:
cheshirescat said:
My income is somewhat variable year by year, went by what I made last year, which was a fair bit less than I had made the year before, and got .0009%. Wealth is apparently at .006%.

Are you adopting adult males?

I already have two kids that I love, but never wanted.

+5 internet points lol

Around the Network

I think people are missing the point of that site...

hershel_layton said:
Razeak said:
.08 income and 4.68 wealth. For income it asked for annual net, but my true tax liability is higher than just the bracket I'm in so I would drop. My cost of living is pretty cheap though. For wealth I included my home(almost paid off after 6 years) retirement and a paid off vehicle.I didn't add in my other possessions.

That's actually very impressive. Not many people are capable of paying off their home in 6 years.

It hurt these past 6 years, but it's going to be totally worth the peace of mind I'll have the rest of my life. I'll have had it 7 years 3 months at my projected payoff.

If the above numbers are accurate(though I honestly expected something like those for the past few years) it's humbling.

My whole life I've had a touch of hate for the top 1%... Now as an adult, I'm well within that. Being born in Australia does certainly help. Message received. Donation will be sent when I get home from work.

Just unbelievable though. Results are surely embellished a touch but...... Yeah.

ironmanDX said:
My whole life I've had a touch of hate for the top 1%... Now as an adult, I'm well within that. Being born in Australia does certainly help. Message received. Donation will be sent when I get home from work.

Just unbelievable though. Results are surely embellished a touch but...... Yeah.

Agreed - I am in Australia and am also very high on both the income and wealthy stakes.

There are all sorts of things that can/would skew the results in one direction of another. But many people in this thread seem to be working towards convincing themselves they aren't really that wealthy because of X or Y reason.

In Australia for example, there have been significant numbers of polls that indicate that people believe the rich should pay more tax. The same respondants indicate that they are poor or 'middle-income.' Then when they're asked to list their income or assets, it becomes clear they are actually upper class.

People naturally believe they are worse off than they are, and that others should shoulder a greater burden.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

Never feel bad if you're successful. If you worked hard for it, feel proud.

Just don't become too arrogant. Remember those below you, and help others. 

However, I am sure I don't need to tell you that. From what you said, it shows you truly appreciate everything you have

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

0.04 in income. 0.069 in wealth. Hm. If my wife was still working, 0.03. Wealth is combined already, so it stays the same.

We spend too much, I guess. Time to re-evaluate spending habits. :-p

Even with 150k net debt you're still in the top 7% in Canada.
Surely people in the 3rd world have less debt...

Wait, I guess it doesn't recognize debt. Having a 1000 dollars to your name puts you in the top 71%
I guess they never heard of student loans. Average graduate student loan debt is 28k. But don't worry 1% of your debt could feed a family of four in Somalia for 4 months! Send them $280 and you feed them for a couple months, send them a credit card and you feed a village for a life time!

I got 20.98%. Having it hard to find a job doesn't make it better. I guess I have much to improve.

I'm in the top 8,93% that for a student that doesn't work is pretty nice (it's only because my father pours 12k per year on y bank account :v)

Meanwhile my father results in the top 0.09% ...